Cinnamon-Apple Grilled Cheese
These sandwiches are great for breakfast or lunch, or even as a snack. To intensify the cinnamon flavor, try using cinnamon raisin bread instead of raisin bread. —Deborah Puette, Lilburn, Georgia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- In a large skillet, saute apple slices in 1 teaspoon butter until
- tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook and stir the walnuts and
- honey over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- cinnamon until smooth. Stir in walnut mixture. Spread over two
- slices of bread; layer with Muenster cheese, apple slices and
- remaining bread. Spread remaining butter over the outsides of each
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast
- sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and
- cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM