Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

QOTD Oct 12th

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

Has reading a book ever made you cry? Which one and why? 

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly913
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I just finished reading a free eBook a few weeks ago that made me cry.  It's called First Gardener and it's a fictional account of the struggles the governor and first lady of TN have, told from the perspective of the head gardener.  I cried thru several chapters-if I tell why, it'd take away from the suspense, but it's about loss. 

poptart0325
by Kayla on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Yes! My Sister's Keeper, She Said Yes, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Too many to list.  The most recent was Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

andrea96
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Yes. Quite a few. Where the Red Fern Grows is the first one I remember making me cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aenima49
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I'm sure, but I don't remember!

Kelly913
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I saw the movie, My Sister's Keeper and was totally unprepared!  The description at Redbox did NOT prepare me for what was coming.  Yeah, I cried! 

Quoting poptart0325:

Yes! My Sister's Keeper, She Said Yes, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM
This was my first too. There's been many many more since then.

Quoting andrea96:

Yes. Quite a few. Where the Red Fern Grows is the first one I remember making me cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poptart0325
by Kayla on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM
The book is way more sad than the movie IMO! The movie had a totally different ending than the book.

Quoting Kelly913:

I saw the movie, My Sister's Keeper and was totally unprepared!  The description at Redbox did NOT prepare me for what was coming.  Yeah, I cried! 

Quoting poptart0325:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I've always wondered why they change stuff from the book when making it into a movie.  If it's good enough to make a movie from, why change it? 

Quoting poptart0325:

The book is way more sad than the movie IMO! The movie had a totally different ending than the book.

Quoting Kelly913:

Quoting poptart0325:

poptart0325
by Kayla on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I know! That's always bugged me about movies based off of books. That's why I usually prefer the book.

Quoting Kelly913:

I've always wondered why they change stuff from the book when making it into a movie.  If it's good enough to make a movie from, why change it? 

Quoting poptart0325:

Quoting Kelly913:

Quoting poptart0325:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)