Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Crockpot Beef Rouladen

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

Crockpot Beef Rouladen

Ingredients:

1-1/2 pounds round steak

1/4 cup stone ground mustard
6 slices bacon
2 onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 dill pickle spears, chopped
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons butter
1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
1-1/2 cups beef stock or broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Cut round steak into six pieces. Place between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin. Spread each piece with some mustard and set aside.

In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel; crumble and set aside. In drippings remaining in skillet cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Remove onions and bell pepper from pan with slotted spoon. Combine with bacon and pickles in a medium bowl.

Divide mixture among beef pieces and roll up. Tie with kitchen string. Dredge each roll in 1/4 cup flour; shake off excess.

Add butter to skillet; brown beef rolls, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Place carrots in bottom of 4-6 quart slow cooker. Top with beef rolls as they brown. Pour beef broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until carrots are tender and beef is very tender. Remove beef rolls from crockpot; carefully remove kitchen string. Remove carrots from crockpot using slotted spoon.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

This is the recipe I'm trying today, with substitutions for the flour.  I'll also leave the carrots out since we'll be having roasted root veggies (carrots included) as a side dish.

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Yum! thanks

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I have bittersweeet memories of Beef Rouladen. I spent all day making it for the first time when I went into labor with my first child. I decided I'd better skip dinner. DH later said it was delicious, but I had no wish to try making it again! lol This sounds delicious.

Quoting michiganmom116:

This is the recipe I'm trying today, with substitutions for the flour.  I'll also leave the carrots out since we'll be having roasted root veggies (carrots included) as a side dish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)