Now, this isn't Hamburger Helper and you won't find any pasta in it. What you WILL find is a healthy, low-carb meal that everyone enjoys!
Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet meal
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium cabbage, shredded (about 16 oz.)
- 8 oz. Deluxe American or Cheddar cheese, diced (do NOT use cheese food)
In a very large skillet or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce and cabbage; stir to coat the cabbage with the sauce. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Stir in the bacon and diced cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Serve.