Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Fun dessert or possibly yogurt add in.

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

I tried this tonight, though I had to find a substitute for the cardamom.  I thought I had ordered some months ago, but if I did, I've lost it.  And at $36/pound that'd be a horrible thing!  I used my homemade pumpkin pie spice mix in place of it.  We enjoyed it, but next time I will melt the butter, add the syrup and pecans and get those a bit mroe roasted/caramelized before adding the pears and spices.

These Maple and Cardamom Spiced Pears with Pecans are an amazing snack. I love the caramelized pears with the fall spices and the sweetness of real maple syrup – don’t skimp there! The pecans go perfect, too. I’m getting hungry just writing about it! The best thing – this recipe is super fast. And look how pretty it is? Impressive recipe, delicious taste, no time…sounds like a winner to me!

Logan doesn’t appreciate the intricacies of flavors such as these, but I’m glad he’s now able to enjoy a juicy pear sliced into wedges. I used bartlett pears because that’s what I had, but I’d really love to try Starkrimson. I had the opportunity to try them this past weekend and I think they were the best pear I’ve ever had. This is actually, in my mind, a rather healthy recipe that seems much more like a dessert than a snack. If you really want to go dessert with it, serve with vanilla ice cream instead of yogurt.

Maple and Cardamom Spiced Pears with Pecans

PrintSave Recipe

Ingredients:

1 large ripe but firm pear, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 handful pecan halves, about 1/4 cup
Vanilla Honey Greek Yogurt or Vanilla Ice Cream

Directions:

Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the pears, cinnamon, cardamom, and syrup and saute for 3 minutes, until fragrant and warm. Stir in pecans. Serve warm over yogurt. Or with granola and yogurt. For dessert, serve on top of vanilla ice cream.

Note: You could also roast the pears in a similar manner to the method in my Roasted Nectarines recipe.

http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/10/maple-and-cardamom-spiced-pears-with-pecans.html 

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Sounds delicious!
aenima49
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Sounds delicious!

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

A different way to use pears.

Kelly913
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM
We heated leftovers this morning and let pecans cook longer. Much better IMO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN