This sounds so good to me!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- 1 gingerbread cake (9 x 13 size) - can be made from a box mix or from scratch
- 2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 15 oz. cans pumpkin
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 16 oz. or 4 cups whipped topping/whipped cream
- chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Break up the gingerbread cake into chunks. Set aside.
Whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and beat well.
In a trifle bowl or large glass salad bowl, layer the gingerbread, pumpkin mixture, whipped cream....repeat twice more for a total of 3 tiers of 3 layers each. Can garnish with chopped walnuts or pecans.