Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Bagels?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 30 Replies
What do you put on your bagels???

I have been craving bagels. Last week when dh went into town I asked him to stop at the bakery and pick some up. Now he says I'm weird cause I put cream cheese on one side and my grandmas strawberry preserves on the other then smash them together and eat it. That's the way my whole family eats them and I've never considered the fact that you could eat them with something else on them!?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Isn't it something how whatever we ate at kids we think is the way everyone eats it and then when we get older we find there's other ways. I remember when I was first married and made chili and served peanut butter on crackers with it. DH thought it was really strange, but that's what my mom always served with it.

Now about bagels. I never had them growing up, and my first experience was cream cheese and smoked salmon. The first time I saw blueberry bagels I thought that was weird because I though bagels were always savory, not sweet. I've never had cream cheese and preserves on it, but I bet it's really good.

Kelly913
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I'll have to go with your dh on this one-peanut butter with chili sounds quite strange to me. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Isn't it something how whatever we ate at kids we think is the way everyone eats it and then when we get older we find there's other ways. I remember when I was first married and made chili and served peanut butter on crackers with it. DH thought it was really strange, but that's what my mom always served with it.

Now about bagels. I never had them growing up, and my first experience was cream cheese and smoked salmon. The first time I saw blueberry bagels I thought that was weird because I though bagels were always savory, not sweet. I've never had cream cheese and preserves on it, but I bet it's really good.

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

The_Doodle
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM

An everything bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:34 PM

DD  and I love the cinnamon raisin with only butter 

the regular (plain) with strawberry cream cheese is DD's choice

and I like my plain with only butter

andrea96
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I don't eat them very often at all. I think cream cheese is the only thing I have ever put on them.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
We don't eat them anymore, but when we did we had cream cheese or butter on them. Sometimes the kids would make bagel pizzas with them.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

That's my point. Anything we haven't heard of may sound strange to us, but be delicious to those who are used to it. Like when I moved to Florida many years ago, black bean soup was something I had never heard of, but it was served at lots of restaurants. I later found that  Black Bean soup was traditional in Puerto Rico, Cuba, the Carribbean and Central an d South America. There was also a  recipe published in Fanny Farmer's  Boston Cooking-School Cookbook, 1896. So it really wasn't anything new, just new to me.

Quoting Kelly913:

I'll have to go with your dh on this one-peanut butter with chili sounds quite strange to me. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Kelly913
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I understand your point, just sayin'...

Though perhaps the two non meat protein sources were complimentary? 

Quoting SweetLuci:

That's my point. Anything we haven't heard of may sound strange to us, but be delicious to those who are used to it. Like when I moved to Florida many years ago, black bean soup was something I had never heard of, but it was served at lots of restaurants. I later found that  Black Bean soup was traditional in Puerto Rico, Cuba, the Carribbean and Central an d South America. There was also a  recipe published in Fanny Farmer's  Boston Cooking-School Cookbook, 1896. So it really wasn't anything new, just new to me.

Quoting Kelly913:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

starlight1968
/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL*˚ .ღ 。° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ . /
Wednesday at 11:54 PM
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I toast regular ones and put peanut butter on it!

aenima49
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Cream cheese!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN