Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Do you have an upper limit?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there a dollar figure you're not willing to go over for various categories of food?  I used to have a lot, but they mostly got blown out of the water a few years ago when we started eating whole, real, clean food.  I still have some lingering ideas of what's too much, like these satsuma oranges, but they are so tempting!

http://www.chaffinfamilyorchards.net/?page_id=1287 

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Replies (31-32):
MyGiftsFromGod
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Gotcha! I hope you didn't think I was insulting you or anything. I just figured that with everything else you do on your own, you are baking bread.

Quoting Kelly913:

I have adrenal fatigue. I'm surprised that I get out of bed in the morning!

Quoting MyGiftsFromGod:

Hey, I'm surprised you don't make your own bread. ;-)

Quoting Kelly913:

Could you share some examples?  I know in my "former" life I wouldn't spend more than a dollar for a loaf of bread.  Now I spend $4.29 for a smaller one so I can get what's good for us.  Chicken quarters could be had for under a dollar a pound and now I find myself willing to pay over $4/pound for pasture raised, non GMO fed chicken (whole bird).  Most produce I wouldn't pay over a dollar a pound and now $3 seems to be my upper range.  I don't shop much in the grocery store,s o not as aware of rising costs there, curious to read what you've seen. 

Quoting aenima49:

I've had to adjust mine since prices have gone up & deals aren't as good!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Not insulted at all.  There was a time I was baking our bread, making crackers, crepes, English muffins-lots of things.  I made our own sour cream, buttermilk, yogurt, soft cheese.  I simply couldn't keep up.  Feeding the sourdough starter was a lot to do too.  :-)  I'd love to get back to it, but have to be realistic.   

Quoting MyGiftsFromGod:

Gotcha! I hope you didn't think I was insulting you or anything. I just figured that with everything else you do on your own, you are baking bread.

Quoting Kelly913:

I have adrenal fatigue. I'm surprised that I get out of bed in the morning!

Quoting MyGiftsFromGod:

Hey, I'm surprised you don't make your own bread. ;-)

Quoting Kelly913:

Could you share some examples?  I know in my "former" life I wouldn't spend more than a dollar for a loaf of bread.  Now I spend $4.29 for a smaller one so I can get what's good for us.  Chicken quarters could be had for under a dollar a pound and now I find myself willing to pay over $4/pound for pasture raised, non GMO fed chicken (whole bird).  Most produce I wouldn't pay over a dollar a pound and now $3 seems to be my upper range.  I don't shop much in the grocery store,s o not as aware of rising costs there, curious to read what you've seen. 

Quoting aenima49:

I've had to adjust mine since prices have gone up & deals aren't as good!

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)