Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Corn pudding

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

My family really likes this recipe for corn casserole with an old fashioned name.

Corn Pudding
¼ cup sugar
3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon salt
6 large egg
2 cups whipping cream
½ cup butter, melted
6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)or 6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted
Combine first 4 ingredients.
Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a 13x9x2" baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until pudding is set and deep golden.
Let stand 5 minutes

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
August07Mom
by Tiesha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Yum!! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly913
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I don't think I've ever heard of this.  There was a time when hearing the word pudding always meant sweet and to read non sweet food names with it turned my stomach.  Not so much anymore, but not sure I'd like something like this.  Another one of those regional/how you grew up things. 

jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

thanks

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It's sometimes called corn casserole. I didn't grow up with it. I first had it in New Orleans when I was in my 20's.

Quoting Kelly913:

I don't think I've ever heard of this.  There was a time when hearing the word pudding always meant sweet and to read non sweet food names with it turned my stomach.  Not so much anymore, but not sure I'd like something like this.  Another one of those regional/how you grew up things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)