Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Raspberry Salad Dressing

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

We ate a lot of salads this week and I tried lots of new dressings. This is one of them.

Raspberry Salad Dressing 
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/3 cup vinegar, lemon juice or a mixture of both
2 generous Tbs. fruit preserves (raspberry is great, so is fig)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp. pepper, or to taste
pinch of salt

Blend all ingredients until smooth - best in a blender, but you can whisk instead. Strain seeds out before using, if desired.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WillTimsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Awesome,  I got a salad dressing dispenser for Christmas last year.  That gave me a reason to learn how to make my own salad dressings, but i've always been to lazy to find a recipe to try. 

Well, just yesterday I sent my husband to the store to buy some rasberry vinaigrette for a salad we are having today and .....now.....here is a recipe that would have worked perfectly for that salad!  So I will definitely give it a try.

jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM

sounds great thanks!

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Making your own dressings is easy and quick, you can qhip it up in less time that him going to the store. And tastes so much better.

Quoting WillTimsmom:

Awesome,  I got a salad dressing dispenser for Christmas last year.  That gave me a reason to learn how to make my own salad dressings, but i've always been to lazy to find a recipe to try. 

Well, just yesterday I sent my husband to the store to buy some rasberry vinaigrette for a salad we are having today and .....now.....here is a recipe that would have worked perfectly for that salad!  So I will definitely give it a try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)