Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

I've been doing this for years

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 31 Replies

....and I still feel a tad bit nervous about getting today's Thanksgiving dinner on the table on time.  LOL

I've made my lists and checked them twice.

I made pies, fresh cranberry relish, gingerbread, etc. ahead of time.

I'm literally counting the minutes until I have to put the turkey in the oven.

I'm hoping the veggie sides will fit in the oven (even though they always have in the past.)

I hope I don't forget anything (even though I made all the lists and checked them twice.)

Sigh.

Anybody else going through this?

Christmas countdown banner

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aenima49
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Every year I say I don't want to do this, LOL!  It has been MUCH easier since building this house...2 ovens & a 36" wide stove top!  PLUS our friends gave us their old fridge so now we have plenty of space too!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Quoting aenima49:

Every year I say I don't want to do this, LOL!  It has been MUCH easier since building this house...2 ovens & a 36" wide stove top!  PLUS our friends gave us their old fridge so now we have plenty of space too!

I'd LOVE to have two ovens!  I settled for a very large oven instead.  I can get the turkey roasting pan in it plus have room alongside and another shelf under it to bake more things.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Next year I may just order our Thanksgiving dinner all prepared and add some of my own sides.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Oh yes! I done more Thanksgiving dinners than I can count, and the last couple of years they've been in my son's tiny kitchen, with him & my other son helping, and the dil's making the desserts beforehand, but I still worry, and almost forgot and left the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator. lol Good luck with everything!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

Oh yes! I done more Thanksgiving dinners than I can count, and the last couple of years they've been in my son's tiny kitchen, with him & my other son helping, and the dil's making the desserts beforehand, but I still worry, and almost forgot and left the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator. lol Good luck with everything!

Whew!  I don't feel so bad now.  LOL

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:52 AM
....the turkey is in the oven.....
4kidz916
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I don't get really nervous the day of.  I make lists and check them well in advance.  

4kidz916
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

BTW, your siggy countdown to Christmas makes me nervous.  I have so much to do between now and then.  

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't get really nervous the day of.  I make lists and check them well in advance.  

I've got 3 lists...I'm still a little nervous that I'll forget something  LOL

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

BTW, your siggy countdown to Christmas makes me nervous.  I have so much to do between now and then.  

Me too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)