Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

What did you Forget?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 18 Replies

I alway forget something at the store for the holiday.  This time it was flour.  I only have about 1 cup of flour and my secret stash of butter????  It got used for some baking last weekend and I forgot to replenish.  So I am one of those people making a mad dash to the grocery store on Thanksgiving morning.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM
oh boy, I sure don't envy you! I haven't noticed anything that I've forgotten...so far.
adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

So far I think I'm good, but there's only 3 of us so it doesn't really matter anyway! But I live in a small town and the grocery stores are closed today. If I need something it's a 30 mile drive so it had better be something major if I'm driving that far for it!

4kidz916
by Melissa on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I forgot half and half for a recipe but I realized it last night and was able to go out and get it then. 

jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I forgot sour cream .. I personally don't like it but family does , Brother works today  double time and a half so I will text him to grab some

Kelly913
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I kinda wishthe only grocery store in my small town WOULD be closed so the employees can spend the day with their families.  There was a day when hardly anything was open on Thanksgiving or Christmas and people managed.  Just my personal wish that it would be that way again. 

Quoting adamsmom0116:

So far I think I'm good, but there's only 3 of us so it doesn't really matter anyway! But I live in a small town and the grocery stores are closed today. If I need something it's a 30 mile drive so it had better be something major if I'm driving that far for it!

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

lillucky8
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I didnt forget anything but i did grocery shop this am while the kids napped. It was quiet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM
For once, I didn't forget anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I didn't forget anything this time, but that's upsetting when it happens.

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

shhhI give dh a list of near impossible to find ingredients just to get him from under foot for a while and most of the time he takes the kids with him. I think that he's grateful for the errand. If he does'nt find the stuff at our "go to" store, he does not go to other stores to find it ... He just blows it off and buys Power Bars! LOL

jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I agree with this yet there seems to always be that 1 money hungry store open during the Holiday usually some people will try to work it for the extra chance to make more money for Holiday pay.. It is sad how society works now.  

Quoting Kelly913:

I kinda wishthe only grocery store in my small town WOULD be closed so the employees can spend the day with their families.  There was a day when hardly anything was open on Thanksgiving or Christmas and people managed.  Just my personal wish that it would be that way again. 

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)