Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Chicken & Biscuits

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Chicken & Biscuits
Filling:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed

½ teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
Salt & pepper to taste
Biscuits:
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter
2/3 cup milk
In skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle cornstarch over top of vegetables. Gradually add milk and cook mixture, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add cooked chicken. Stir to combine. Make biscuits. Add baking powder to flour in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two forks until granules the size of peas form. Add milk and mix to combine. Pour chicken mixture into 9" pan. Scoop biscuit dough (about 1/3 cup each) and place on top. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. You can also use refrigerated prepared biscuits.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Interesting!  The filling mixture strongly resembles my chicken a la king recipe, and then bake with biscuits on top for an easy casserole!  TFS!

SweetLuci
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it would be similar. It actually started out as a creamed chicken over biscuits, then I decided it would work as a casserole. Already baking the biscuits in the oven so why not just add the creamed chicken under them.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Interesting!  The filling mixture strongly resembles my chicken a la king recipe, and then bake with biscuits on top for an easy casserole!  TFS!

4kidz916
by Melissa on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Sounds really good.  We love these type of recipes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)