Bob Evan's Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
By Tish on June 21, 2005
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
- Servings: 6-8
About This Recipe
"I used to go to Bob Evans Restaurants when I was little. This was my favorite soup. I had to look all over for the copycat recipe. It's pretty close!"
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups whole milk, plus
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans full whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 medium potatoes, diced and boiled
- Add soup, 1/2 can broth, 1 can milk and stir.
- Add cheese and milk.
- Stir in corn starth to the rest of broth, then add to soup.
- Add spices and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Top with chives and bacon bits.
- *For best results, chill soup and reheat.