Pork Chops and Rice
By Icancook2 on October 25, 2005
Photo by Marlene.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
"This recipe comes straight from my great aunt in Georgia. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Very simple to make and even better to eat! Serving size depends on how many chops you use."
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice ( not instant)
- 4 pork chops ( at least four bone-in)
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put approximately 1 cup of uncooked rice in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cover the rice with can of French Onion Soup (save the can!).
- Brown the pork chops in a large skillet and set aside.
- Fill the saved can with water and pour into the skillet that you just browned the pork chops.
- Scrape the fixins from the pan with the water and pour all into the casserole dish.
- Stir together all ingredients that are in dish and spread rice evenly out on the bottom.
- Place chops in single layer on top of rice mix.
- Bake in oven for 1/2 hour uncovered.
- Cover with foil and bake additional 1/2 hour.