Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Turkey Breasts

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 11 Replies

What do you do with them? I caught them on sale the other day, but not sure what I want to do with them. They are thinner cut, almost like a boneless pork chop.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm making this today and I assume that it would be delicious with turkey too.

SweetLuci posted this back in April 2011 in this group:

Chicken Stroganoff

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp butter
1 (.7oz) pkg dry It salad dressing mix
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 (10.75oz) can cream of chicken soup

Put chicken, butter & salad dressing in crock-pot ... cook on low for 5-6 hours. Mix cream cheese & soup and pour over chicken and cook on high for 30 min.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd use them the same as chicken breasts.  Sounds like what you have are turkey breast fillets.  Dissie's recipe sounds good!  You can also slice them for stir fry or strips/nuggets, or else season them and broil for chicken fillet sandwiches.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I also use them like chicken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I like them marinated and grilled or pan seared and cooked with various seasonings.  The last time I made them I used a rustic herb seasoning that was great. 

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM

sure use them like you would chicken.. or you can stuff them then roll if they are long enough 

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

They are great just seasoned and sauteed or breaded like you would chicken breasts. They do take just a bit longer to cook.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Turkey Fillets 
4 Turkey Fillets
1 cup Italian Styled Bread Crumbs
1 tbsp. water
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)

1 Start by placing the flour on a plate. Then, dump the bread crumbs onto a separate plate. You'll need to beat your egg in a shallow bowl and add 1 tbsp. of water to the egg mixture. Line these up in this order: flour, egg mixture, bread crumbs.
2 Place the shallow frying pan onto the stove top and heat on a medium-high flame. Once the pan is warm, add the olive oil to the frying pan.
3 Dredge one turkey fillet through the flour, making certain to coat the turkey fully with flour.
4 Once coated, place the turkey fillet into the egg wash mixture, turning once to coat the fillet with the egg mixture.
5 Take the turkey fillet from the egg mixture and place it into the bread crumbs. Pat the turkey fillet into the bread crumbs to ensure the bread crumbs will stick to the turkey fillet.
6 Place the turkey fillet into the olive oil in the heated frying pan. Cook the turkey fillet until both sides are a crispy, golden brown. Enjoy.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

This is a good option for anyone who's tired of chicken, but still wants to eat healthy.

Turkey Breast Fillets
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
4 turkey breast fillets, about 1/4 lb. each
1 onion, cut into small wedges
1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and onion. Sear turkey 2 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer skillet to oven and roast 15 minutes or until turkey is opaque throughout. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Thanks ladies!

aenima49
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Hmm...turkey scallopine?  Pound them flat & pan fry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN