Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Dairy Free?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
Anybody have any good dairy free recipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Hi Welcome to Meal Planning. Here's a Bump for you this house is not dairy free sorry 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Dairy free recipes for what kind of dishes?

VanBurren
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

We're not dairy-free, but here's a bump for ya. 

pipers_mom
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Any. I'm bf and baby has a dairy allergy so I had to cut it out. I'm just at a loss for what to make for any meal, snack, or baked good because I've never cooked without milk or cheese lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Use coconut milk or almond milk in cooking/baking.  That's what I do.  As for cheese, there are plenty of dishes that don't require cheese.  Roasted chicken/beef/pork/ham, stir fry meals, fish, spaghetti, burgers, shepherds pie, etc.  Some cheeses made from soy if you have to have cheese with a meal, like with pizza or lasagna.  Snacks can be popcorn, pretzels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, celery sticks with peanut butter, etc.

Quoting pipers_mom:

Any. I'm bf and baby has a dairy allergy so I had to cut it out. I'm just at a loss for what to make for any meal, snack, or baked good because I've never cooked without milk or cheese lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

aenima49
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I like to use So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk.  There are a lot of cheese & other dairy subs available in organic.vegetarian sections of stores!

4kidz916
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

We aren't dairy free but once in a while I buy the Silk Almond milk and my kids like that. 

mom2devin11005
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

We aren't totally dairy free but we limit it because both my husband and 1 yr old daughter are lactose intollerant. Some of our favorite meals are soups, roasted meats/veggies, meatloaf. If you are just cutting out milk because of the lactose in it some things we have found that work for us is Silk and yoplait both make a lactose free yogurt that is pretty tasty, tofrutti makes lactose free cream cheese and sour cream and both my husband and daughter can actually eat colby-jack cheese because of how its made its a relativly low lactose cheese. Good luck and if you need ideas feel free to message me

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Just a heads up OP..soy cheese is kinda gross. lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

Use coconut milk or almond milk in cooking/baking.  That's what I do.  As for cheese, there are plenty of dishes that don't require cheese.  Roasted chicken/beef/pork/ham, stir fry meals, fish, spaghetti, burgers, shepherds pie, etc.  Some cheeses made from soy if you have to have cheese with a meal, like with pizza or lasagna.  Snacks can be popcorn, pretzels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, celery sticks with peanut butter, etc.

Quoting pipers_mom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BKozICan
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We agree. Daiya is.....edible. It is tapioca based.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Just a heads up OP..soy cheese is kinda gross. lol
Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting pipers_mom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)