Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoked Sausage

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
My mom came to visit last weekend and she brought me A LOT of smoked turkey sausage (she works in the meat department at Piggly Wiggly). We never really ate it before, so I'm pretty clueless about recipes for it. Anyone have any good recipes they'd like to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BlessedToBeMe
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I either saute it with some onions & peppers or make a cheesy pasta with it. I didn't follow the recipe but I'll try to find the one I used for an inspiration

BlessedToBeMe
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I found when I was looking for a pasta recipe

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Cheesy-Penne-Pasta-And-Smoked-Sausage-Casserole-Recipezaar

I sauted the sausage a little to get some of the fat, then made a creamy onion type soup for the base & melted in some cheese(s&p too). Then I reserved some of the pasta water, tossed the penne in with the sausage & soup. And you use the pasta water to get it to a creamy consistancy(however much you want til its how you like it)

VanBurren
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom loves stir-fries, and she also loves smoked sausage, so I came up with a really good smoked sausage stir fry.  If you're interested, I'll try to find my recipe later to share:)

jessicasmom1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I use it in stir fry, breakfast sauage, sandwhiches

poptart0325
by Kayla on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
My DH made stir fry tonight with it. He did it the same way he does chicken stir fry, just substituted the chicken with smoked turkey sausage. It was really good!

Quoting VanBurren:

My mom loves stir-fries, and she also loves smoked sausage, so I came up with a really good smoked sausage stir fry.  If you're interested, I'll try to find my recipe later to share:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

It's great sauteed with onions and peppers and served on a hoagie bun. I also add it to a can of baked beans with BBQ sauce or ketchup and brown sugar added. Added to fried potatoes is delicious. We like it fried and served for breakfast with eggs and grits. Place sauerkraut in a casserole dish. top with the sausage and bake for about 30 minutes. Saute some cabbage and add sausage.

VanBurren
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

It's great sauteed with onions and peppers and served on a hoagie bun. I also add it to a can of baked beans with BBQ sauce or ketchup and brown sugar added. Added to fried potatoes is delicious. We like it fried and served for breakfast with eggs and grits. Place sauerkraut in a casserole dish. top with the sausage and bake for about 30 minutes. Saute some cabbage and add sausage.

Mmmmmm.....fried potatoes and smoked sausage....yeah!

4kidz916
by Melissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd use it in stir fry, gumbo, sauteed with sausage and peppers, and various types of soups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)