Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Super Bowl!!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

Anyone having a Super Bowl party?  What kinds of delicious nibbles are you going to be fixing?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VanBurren
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I've finally gotten my menu planned: crock pot meatballs (the kind with chili sauce and grape jelly), roasted potatoes (because Derrick requested it), German Chocolate Cake, and I heard about these appetizers on "Triple D" the other night.....slices of bacon wrapped around a tater tot and slice of jalapeno and then deep fried!   YUM!   Yeah, no dieting for Super Bowl!  lol

Larisa72
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

no party, just the 4 of us (but we can be loud enough to make people THINK we're having a party...lol).  DH is superstitious, apparently and requested the same meal he had the last time our team was in the superbowl....hot Italian sausage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes {gag - the only time I wanted that was when I was pregnant with DS, and besides, it makes the house stink}....so, that's what he's having.  DS and I are probably going light with asparagus {gag for DH, but if he's going to make stinky stuff that I won't eat, I'm making stinky stuff that he won't eat!} couscous, and....??...and DD will probably have a little of everything...lol

VanBurren
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting Larisa72:

no party, just the 4 of us (but we can be loud enough to make people THINK we're having a party...lol).  DH is superstitious, apparently and requested the same meal he had the last time our team was in the superbowl....hot Italian sausage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes {gag - the only time I wanted that was when I was pregnant with DS, and besides, it makes the house stink}....so, that's what he's having.  DS and I are probably going light with asparagus {gag for DH, but if he's going to make stinky stuff that I won't eat, I'm making stinky stuff that he won't eat!} couscous, and....??...and DD will probably have a little of everything...lol

There's just going to be me and Derrick (Matt has to work), but we can be pretty loud, too....lol   So, are you rooting for the Ravens or 49ers?

Larisa72
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting Larisa72:

There's just going to be me and Derrick (Matt has to work), but we can be pretty loud, too....lol   So, are you rooting for the Ravens or 49ers?

Can only be the Ravens.....born in Baltimore gotta root for them....and apparently, according to DH, I'm the reason they made it this far...lol.  Every time they played and I wasn't home, they played porrly...as soon as I got home, they turned the game around

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Nope, no party here.

VanBurren
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Quoting Larisa72:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting Larisa72:

Can only be the Ravens.....born in Baltimore gotta root for them....and apparently, according to DH, I'm the reason they made it this far...lol.  Every time they played and I wasn't home, they played porrly...as soon as I got home, they turned the game around

LOL.....looks like you're going to just have to sit right there in front of the tv the whole game, then!! 

I'm rooting for the Ravens.....I want this to be the best game for Ray Lewis.

virgochild79
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Well I'm not having a party but, DH will be watching it and since I'm preggo and my appetite is out of this world, I am going to make:

Chicken wings

Tostadas

Queso and chips

Chili 

elijahsmama09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We are going to have pizza, funfetti dip with fruit, ranch dip with veggies, mozz cheese sticks, deviled eggs, honey bbq chicken wings, and pizza cups. 

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

not this year .. last year Steelers were in it and on DD Birthday so of course we did extra spread but enough people there to enjoy it

4kidz916
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm making sausage cheese bread with marinara to dip it in, a cherry cheese ball, and chips with some sort of dip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)