Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe of the Week, February 3: Teriyaki Wings

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Probably a lot of chicken wings will be eaten today. I though someone might want to try these for a change from the Buffalo wings.

TeriyakiWings

1 cup water
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes

1. Whisk together the water, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger in a large glass or ceramic bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chicken wings, coat with the marinade, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F Grease baking dishes, and set aside.
  3. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess and place the chicken wings into the prepared baking dishes. Discard the remaining marinade. Bake the wings in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is evenly browned, about 1 hour.
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VanBurren
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

These sound great!  I love wings, but I'm not a fan of the Buffalo wings.....these would be perfect.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I can't eat anything with hot sauce, but I love other flavors of wings.

Quoting VanBurren:

These sound great!  I love wings, but I'm not a fan of the Buffalo wings.....these would be perfect.

VanBurren
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I love spicy food, just not Buffalo wing sauce.  Matt will make some Buffalo wings for himself before he leaves work, and as soon as he walks in the door with them, my eyes start tearing up.  There's just some ingredient in them that I don't like.

The wings I usually make are dipped in just honey and soy sauce.  Simple, but super-tasty.  What kind do you usually make, Luci?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting VanBurren:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I usually just season them with salt & pepper and bake them, and then have sauce on the side.  I usually put out Blue cheese, Ranch and Honey mustard dressing for dips. I also make a marinade of brown sugar, mustard or honey mustard and soy sauce that we all like. And Brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic is also good.

If your eyes tear up, you may have an allergy or intolerance to something in the sauce. Probably the type of pepper that's in it. I have a food intolerance for all hot peppers and I tear up if I'm near them, and my nose starts to run.

Quoting VanBurren:

I love spicy food, just not Buffalo wing sauce.  Matt will make some Buffalo wings for himself before he leaves work, and as soon as he walks in the door with them, my eyes start tearing up.  There's just some ingredient in them that I don't like.

The wings I usually make are dipped in just honey and soy sauce.  Simple, but super-tasty.  What kind do you usually make, Luci?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting VanBurren:

4kidz916
by Melissa on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I like the "boneless wings".  I think I'll try this with them.

clowry02
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

yummy

amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM

We didn't have wings yesterday, but they do sound good.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)