Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Does your Husband Cook?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 24 Replies

My husband does not cook.  When we first met he had a freezer full of frozen dinners. 

He CAN make spaghetti but not much else.  When he retired I thought I would be able to leave a recipe for him and he would be able to follow it and make dinner so we could eat when I got home from work. 

That did not work so well.  Just the other day, I asked him to put the fish and tator tots in the oven to bake.  20 mins later, the tater tots and 2 of the 3 pieces of fish were done.  But the 3rd piece of fish was still bleeding!  I could not figure this out - all 3 pieces of fish were the same size, cooked in the same oven for the same amount of time.  SO this just proves DH CAN'T cook!  LOL

However, this week I am home from work due to pneumonia.  So I've been sitting in the kitchen and "supervising" while he does the cooking.  He seems to be enjoying cooking more knowing I am there to "help" as needed.  He even made his favorite muffins yesterday using the food processor - a kitchen appliance he was afraid of in the past. 

I think DH is gaining confidence working in the kitchen so perhaps the old dog can learn new tricks after all.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poptart0325
by Kayla on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
My DH is the one that does the majority of the cooking in our house. I'm mainly the recipe finder. I do cook a few meals, but he actually enjoys cooking, so he usually volunteers to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Well...he cooks but it's not always edible.

He COULD cook when we first got married.  He made things like lasagna from scratch and was pretty good at it.  Now it's like he has no idea what to do in the kitchen.  He even has to ask how to make mashed potatoes. 

adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Oh yes. My husband is a very good cook. He makes the more comfort food type meals, like fried chicken, lasagna. He also makes very good egg rolls. He does all the grilling. He helps a lot - probably does half the cooking in our house. He gets up every morning and makes breakfast for everyone before school and work.

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

NO! He's almost burned the house down 2X's. Not to include the time that he set his grill between our cars and let the grill catch on fire!!!

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Haha. He doesn't even know where I keep the can opener! Lol he can do frozen pizza or other like foods that don't require much effort , but I don't buy that stuff so he has no idea what he's doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
August07Mom
by Tiesha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He can grill.

klamomma2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

My husband is a pretty awesome cook.  I do most of the cooking but on his days off he loves to cook and some during the week.  He does all the grilling as well.  

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Dh cooks better than I do lol. But I still do most of the cooking since I work from home

johnny4ever
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM

when I am sick he does

andrea96
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Yes. I cook the majority of the time, but he cooks certain dishes. For example, I have never cooked chicken and dumplings or white chili. Those are "his".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)