Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

He asked ... I said ... He disagreed - Who's right?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

dh asked what happens when meat reaches the internal temp and you continue to cook it. I said when it reaches that temp, it's well done and after that it will burn up. I said it can only get so hot before it dries up and burns.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I would think the same thing as you. I guess I don't know for sure, though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

After it reaches the desired temp and it continues to cook, it continues getting hotter and then the moisture cooks out of it and it dries out and becomes overcooked. It depends on what food it is and the size of the food how long that takes. What was he disagreeing with?

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

After it reaches the desired temp and it continues to cook, it continues getting hotter and then the moisture cooks out of it and it dries out and becomes overcooked. It depends on what food it is and the size of the food how long that takes. What was he disagreeing with?

He thinks that meat will just continue getting hotter after it reaches 160-180. I say that there is no way that meat will reach the boiling point of 220.

We're talking about burgers, turkey, roast, butterfly pork chops, ham.

amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Yep, it'll get too dried out and tough and not taste good.

Quoting SweetLuci:

4kidz916
by Melissa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

This is what I would say.

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Cook him two hamburgers side by side, take one off when it's done, then let the other keep cooking. Let him do a taste test. I think that will be the end of the discussion. lol

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting SweetLuci:

He thinks that meat will just continue getting hotter after it reaches 160-180. I say that there is no way that meat will reach the boiling point of 220.

We're talking about burgers, turkey, roast, butterfly pork chops, ham.

Join us on Smarter Living!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)