I made this for dinner last Friday night.....It was delicious. The only thing I changed was to add asparagus when right before I added the shrimp (Matt LOVES asparagus), and I used a little cornstarch and water to thicken the 'sauce'.
8 oz uncooked multigrain angel hair (capellini) pasta or spaghetti
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail shells removed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. In 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Cover to keep warm.
2. While pasta is cooking, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in wine, broth, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and butter until butter is melted. Add shrimp mixture to pasta mixture in saucepan; toss to mix.
1 Serving (1 Serving)
- Calories 300
- (Calories from Fat 80),
- Total Fat 9g
- (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g,
- Trans Fat 0g),
- Cholesterol 170mg;
- Sodium 370mg;
- Total Carbohydrate 30g
- (Dietary Fiber 4g,
- Sugars 3g),
- Protein 25g;