Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Special occasion meals

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm not talking about holidays...I'm talking about family members' birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Do you make a special meal for these occasions?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Birthdays, yes. I let the birthday person tell me what they want to eat for supper that night, as well as what kind of cake or dessert they want.

The only other special meals I make are for holidays. Well, except when OSS was home on leave this winter. I made a lot of special meals to include his favorites in the short time he was home. Does that count?

4kidz916
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I let the kids decide what they want for dinner on their actual birthday.  Sometimes they choose eating out, other times they request a home cooked meal.  We have a big family so once a month the whole family gets together to celebrate all the birthdays for that month and we have a large meal.  We plan it and everyone has a particular item to bring (unless it's their birthday month,  then we're exempt from cooking).

Pink.Frosting
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yes, I do.  They get to choose.  My son's bd is in March and for dinner he wants country fried steaks with white black pepper gravy and boneless BBQ wings.  For his cake he wants my Dr. Pepper chocolate cake and homemade Dr. Pepper ice cream.  The cake I've made for years, but the ice cream will be new, we recently found the recipe on Pinterest.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Yes! I make a special breakfast and dinner for the kids birthdays.  DF it depends on what day his birthday falls on, as to if he gets breafast or not.  We also do special dinners/meals through out the year just because.  My kids are still young (preschool, toddler, and baby) so they love to celebrate any and everything. 

Alieda
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I will fix whatever the birthday person wants .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:58 AM

birthday yes and usually anvristy

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

The kids decide what they want for their birthday dinners. Otherwise, things don't get to special. :)

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yes, for Birthdays and Anniversary if we don't go out to eat, but also for all the little holidays like Mardi Gras,  St. Pastrick's Day. And if they're studying something in school, like another country-we have a meal to celebrate that. Also for good report cards, or receiving a special award, or the team works hard and accomplishes goals. We like to make meals special and celebrate little things.

alexislovesjr
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Yes always unless we decide to go to the families fav restuarant 'Little Italy'. We only go there when its all of us: my parents, my siblings, and my nieces and nephews which is 17 of us.

AiW
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I try to. Definitely have cake for birthdays (or cupcakes for little one), and generally something nice to eat. For my daughter's birthday, she even got butterfly shaped pancakes (using a metal cookie cutter to set the shape).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN