Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Help me with meal ideas.Chicken wings with ?????

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'm trying to cut down on rice,dh is diabetic. Well today I'm making bake chicken wings and I was thinking of pairing it with pasta. I'm not sure what to cook besides vegetables. Thanks.
Ps we don't eat stuff like couscous,or those other weird stuff lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Pasta is just as bad for your DH as rice.

Coleslaw with a low carb dressing, roasted veggies, pickles, deviled eggs, tossed salad, maybe some baked beans (small serving for DH), oven fries (watch his portion size).

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Even whole wheat pasta?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Coleslaw with a low carb dressing, roasted veggies, pickles, deviled eggs, tossed salad, maybe some baked beans (small serving for DH), oven fries (watch his portion size).

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Diabetics have to watch their carb count because carbohydrates turn to glucose in their bodies.  Whole wheat may change to glucose SLOWER than regular pasta, but it'll still turn to glucose....and the last time I looked, whole wheat pasta had more carbs than regular.

I watch this stuff carefully because I'm also diabetic.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Even whole wheat pasta?

Quoting michiganmom116:

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Thanks I'm going to do oven baked fries instead. It's so hard cause everything he likes is bad for him

Quoting michiganmom116:

Diabetics have to watch their carb count because carbohydrates turn to glucose in their bodies.  Whole wheat may change to glucose SLOWER than regular pasta, but it'll still turn to glucose....and the last time I looked, whole wheat pasta had more carbs than regular.

I watch this stuff carefully because I'm also diabetic.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Even whole wheat pasta?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)