Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young man's grocery list....

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 25 Replies

What would you put on it?  My oldest DS is on his own (no GF) for the first time and we'd like to send him a food package.  The extent of his cooking skills are scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and canned soups.  Oh, and he can bake frozen pizzas.

Sigh.  He does NOT get that from me!

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Is it going to be mailed or dropped off?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EiuGirl316
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

A gift card for a grocery store, lol. I'm assuming you'd like to send healthier stuff though, right?

You could do that but then maybe put in snack type stuff or things that would be easy for him to cook?

spooky415
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM
send him one of those hickory farms baskets lol. my husband lived on that one long weekend when i travelled for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting audreesmama:

dropped off, when we move his furniture to the apartment

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quoting EiuGirl316:

A gift card for a grocery store, lol. I'm assuming you'd like to send healthier stuff though, right?

You could do that but then maybe put in snack type stuff or things that would be easy for him to cook?

Hmm.....there IS an Aldi in the new town....

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quoting spooky415:

send him one of those hickory farms baskets lol. my husband lived on that one long weekend when i travelled for work.

YUM!

mowen44
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM

My daughter and I saw a college student shopping.  He had one third of the cart filled with Ramen noodles.  One third of the cart was filled with frozen burritos.  The rest of the cart was all air freshener.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting mowen44:

My daughter and I saw a college student shopping.  He had one third of the cart filled with Ramen noodles.  One third of the cart was filled with frozen burritos.  The rest of the cart was all air freshener.

LOL @ the air freshener!

My son refuses to eat Ramen or Hamburger Helper.  I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he said salmon was on his list of things to eat...shock to me!

audreesmama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
What about making a bunch of homemade TV dinners or casseroles he can heat one serving at a time of? You can give him a gift card for fresh foods, too.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting audreesmama:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Good idea!  I'll keep that in mind this week, maybe keep back some leftovers for him.

Quoting audreesmama:

What about making a bunch of homemade TV dinners or casseroles he can heat one serving at a time of? You can give him a gift card for fresh foods, too.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting audreesmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)