Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

plain yogurt.. help!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
So im forcing myself to eat yogurt this week, i have a hard time bc of the texture usually of the ones w fruit so i had dh get me a tub of plain yogurt..what can i add so its good? Its very bitter and im having trouble choking it down. I dont have any fruit, dd ate it all already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon

lillucky8
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Thanks rhonda! I need to just have you on speed dial.

My first thought was cinnamon but i wasnt sure if it would make it worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Honey would be good. I like to put a spoonful of GrapeNuts in mine to give it some crunch.

TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

What about the ones that are flavored but do not have chunks of fruit in them? DS will eat the "smooth" yogurts but does not care of the "chunky" ones.  But as Rhonda mentioned honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon. Do you like granola? That is good, too.  But if you don't like the texture of the fruit you may not like that either.

lillucky8
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Well i had dh buy a tub of plain yogurt, i prob should said vanilla and not a huge tub, good lord its a ton, so now im trying to dr it so i can handle it. After this ill try some smooth ones.

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

What about the ones that are flavored but do not have chunks of fruit in them? DS will eat the "smooth" yogurts but does not care of the "chunky" ones.  But as Rhonda mentioned honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon. Do you like granola? That is good, too.  But if you don't like the texture of the fruit you may not like that either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I make a yummy avocado dip, dressing using plain greek yogurt, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, garlic, home made buttermilk, sea salt and pepper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM

You can also use plain yogurt as a subsitute for sour cream. I use it on tacos, quesadillas, soups, etc.  Instead of using sour cream as a base for my veggie dips I use plain yogurt.  It tastes the same and is so much better for you than sour cream.  And I am a big fan of sour cream!  :-)

So you could use some of it for things other than eating it out of a bowl.

Quoting lillucky8:

Well i had dh buy a tub of plain yogurt, i rpoh should said vanilla and not a huge tub, good lord its a ton, so now im trying to dr it so i can handle it. After this ill try some smooth ones.

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

You can use it to balance the cheeses when you make a 4 cheese lasagna. You can also use it for spinach quiche and frittata. If you want to try flavoring it to eat in a bowl, try using some extracts like lemon, banana, and I saw peanut butter extract recently. You might also try mixing it with Hersey's chocolate.

4kidz916
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

My kids like to put chocolate chips in theirs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)