Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

*UPDATED with Video* How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

Chaotic family schedules can often make dinner time a challenge, but it doesn't have to be!

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to try Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips with their families. See what they're saying!

Tell Us... How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

The CafeMom Team  

Check out the fun video montage of our members!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
NananRaysmom
Hello! My name is Jennifer...and its me and my two kids...8&10 at home.

The week days are always so busy. My daughter has either choir, band or play rehearsal after school every day. My son is in hockey and we try to go to the gym every day...on top of my full time job. Dinner is the only time we can just sit..relax..and talk to each other.

The kids set the table...and we turn the tv off every night and enjoy the time together before homework and anything else that needs to be done for the day.

I'm looking foward to the Tyson strips to cut down on dinner preparation for thr nights things get even more hectic!!
myangels2
Hi...my name is Kim, I have four kids...SD18, DS11, DS8, and DS1. My SD is in college and works a part time job. My two oldest boys are in cub scouts and Karate...and they love everything Super heros, farming, and fishing. My baby spends his days getting into everything...his favorite things to play with is toilet paper and wipes. ;)

Dinner is one of my favorite meals. It's usually the only time we sit down as a family to enjoy a meal and talk about our day.

I know I made a great dinner when everyone grabs for seconds....or just recently when my boys told me I make the best lasagna they have ever had. Which is true....my lasagna is the only lasagna they ever had. ;)

I've bought Tyson chicken in the past and I know my kids love it, so I look forward to making it again.

Just got my coupon yesterday....thank you Cafemom and Tyson!
evrain

We are a family of 6.  Our kids are 5 and under, with Dalton being the oldest at 5, then Addison at 3, Keegan at 2, and Graeme at 6 months.  To say that we have a busy house would be an understatment!  The kids really enjoy running outside and playing, going to the playground, playing some games on their tablets, and going to church.  

Dinner is a very important time of the day for us.  With Dh working, it is the only meal that he is home for during the week.  We like to have dinner together as a family.  Sometimes, it can be difficult to even make that happen because our tastes are not always the same.  We do though make time to sit around the table and talk and share about the day.   

We are looking forward to trying the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips in the hopes that it will be a meal that we can all enjoy and not have to face the two meals an evening that often happens.  

PISCIS29
We are a family of five ; dh and myself, my ds 11, dd5 and ds 17 mos. and boy are hey active.
My eldest loves to bike swim run and play pretty much anything. Dd loves to get wet play dolls play tag teacher and that she's a superstar. And my littlest one has just learned to walk. So he's into EVERYTHING.
Dinner time for us is family time. It's where we can all take joke and laugh about our day. It's one of the moments when we most connect.
Just the other night we were all sighting down for dinner and having a good time when my littlest calls out to get our attention well he grabbed his baby spoon Nd was able to put a small serving in his mouth all by himself. We were all very happy and celebrating when he takes his plate and puts it on as a hat. Needless to say he needed a bath
Yes very very eager. The kids have been just waiting for the mailman. .
midnight_storm
We are a family of 5. Dh and I have 3 dds ages 19, 13, and 5. My oldest doesnt live at home, shes out of state going to school and working. My girls at home are pretty active. Though only my 13 yr old has an after school extracirricular activity, they are constantly outside with friends riding bikes, playing basketball, or just running around in the yard, lol.

Dh and I believe that communication is very important in a relationship, that it builds strength in the relationship and allows it to grow. We follow this belief in our marriage and with our relationships with our children. With the girls being so active, we take the time we can: right after school, meal times, and before bed to build and strengthen communication with the girls.

Dinnertime is family time. The girls and I make dinner together, sometimes dh joins in on this. Then we all sit down, enjoy dinner, and talk. We talk about our days, and this is usually when the girls ask about plans they want to make with friends.

We do this because we want our girls to know they can always come to us and talk with us about anything going on. This is how both our families were growing up and even as adults, we have great relationships with our parents. We want that with our children too:)
KELLEY76
Hi there!I have 3 children ages 13,8 & 1.We try to sit down at least 5 times a week for a quiet family dinner.No tv,phones or other distractions.It's an important time for us to regroup & find out how each others day has gone & whats new.I picked up the Tysons chicken yesterday & will be serving it tonight for dinner:)
RosePetalTears

I have a family of 5. There is dh and myself, my 6 yr old son, 5 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter. Right now all of them take swimming lessons and once summer starts I think they'll be signed up for soccer as well.

Dinner time is usually the only meal we are all home together for, so i make sure that everyone eats at the table, the tv is off and there is no rush to get finished or get it cleaned up.  We don't really have any dinner time traditions but the kids love helping me cook whenever possible.

Can't wait to try these!

MamaCeleste0722

Family of 5 here. DH, DD 10 and twin DS 6, and of course, me. Dinner time is very important to us, especially since kids are in school and both of us are at work. We enjoy talking about our day and what's going on with each of us. 

punchnpie
Hello Everyone. =) I am Rozana Mother to 4 ages 8yrs old,3 years old, 22 months old, and 10 months old. I am married we have been together for 11 years married for 8.

Since hubs works nights and my oldest gets out of school so late, dinner time can be a bit hard. We have a early dinner it's rushed. My oldest gets out of school at 3:25 hubs must head out for work at 4 so i try to make it quick and easy. On his days off dinner is more laid back. We spend time with one another and enjoy or time together.

I just received the gift card and coupon in the mail minutes ago. I cannot wait to use the them. =)
Mom2Boys9501

We are a family of 4. There's me and dh and our 2 boys (ages 17 and 12) The oldest is helping out on the baseball team at his school right now but is a runner and runs cross country for his school and runs 5ks on his own time. The youngest likes to ride bikes, skateboard, and draw. Mealtime is very important to our family but sometimes it's only the boys and I at dinner because dh works 12 hour days and doesn't get off until 8 and gets home at 8:30. So he has to eat alone. However when we do eat together after we pray and talk about our day we play the alphabet game and we have been known to play UNO at dinner as well.

Can't really think of a recent family meal special time. But yes we are looking forward to trying the chicken strips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN