Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

*UPDATED with Video* How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

Chaotic family schedules can often make dinner time a challenge, but it doesn't have to be!

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to try Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips with their families. See what they're saying!

Tell Us... How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

The CafeMom Team  

Check out the fun video montage of our members!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
me-n-mygirls

We are a family of 7.  and mealtime is family time. 

They are still young (oldest is 10yrs) but have the everyone sits down at the table to eat as long as you are there. We will often watch some tv shows that we as a family enjoy.....Justice League, Green Lantern, American Idol, The Voice, Riders of Berk.....just some shows we can all talk about and get excited about.

My 21 mth old is  now wanting to sit at the table with us.  Our table is waist high and the chairs are like bar stools with a wap around bench that covers 2 sides so it is like a big booth.  All the more reason he wants up there. both boys already use the underneath as a jungle gym crawling in and out and all around.....lol

For the most part everyone works together to get it ready. Even my 3 yr old---he actually will argue "I do it!" while taking it from his sister.  The girls both help usually by getting drinks and the table ready. maybe even helping feed the boys ( 3 yrs and 21 mths) while I make the other plates or finish it up.  The baby (4 mths) even gets in the action while in her bouncy or swing or saucer thingy.

We LOVE the Tyson popcorn chicken bites but have trouble finding them. Everyplace we have found them once we buy them then they quit carrying them.   I really like the buffalo ones but it's just me and Jasmin that like those.   All the kids love the Tyson chicken tenders honey bbq or something.....they always pick them out.

I love that Tyson now has thier own boxtop type thing on the back.  even though we homeschool I love collecting them and taking them to the local school.

erikays
Hi! We are a family of 5, my kids are 8 , 4 and 2.5 yrs old. My family isn't into sports just yet but we do Love going to the park in the evening. When my husband and I became parents, we both agreed how it is important to both of us, that we always sit at the table, as a family. We see it as a time that we sit and talk about our day or anything really. I'm really looking forward to trying the chicken strips, I do work one day during the week at night and the weekends, so it will be a easy meal for my husband to make for the kiddos! They love the honey battered chicken nuggets :]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86

We are a family of 5. 3 boys age 4 7 and 8. We love to be outside the kids like to help in the garden and dig up weeds we also love to be in the wood hiking or running around at the play ground.

Dinner is the biggest meal in the house its the one time that we are all together the most well minus hubby cause he is at work. But its nice that we can sit down and have a meal together. I'm usually having to remind my 4 and 7 year old to sit down and eat.

We haven't tried the crispy chicken strips but we are loyal tyson lovers in this house we always have a bag of their regualr chicken nuggets on hand. I think the strips will make a great entree for dinner vs the regular nuggets which are more of a snack. I can't wait to sit down and see what fantastic meals I can think up to go with the.

Hottmomma607
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I have 3 kids&a husband! We catch up at dinner time crack jokes! I have an 11yo in 2 days,just turned 15yo&soon to be a 21yo! My 21yo is considered special needs he still lives us! Our meal times are excellent family time since everyone is busy!

My DD is in Jr.ROTC,my 11yo plays football&oldest likes to read and go job hunting! Husband is a hard working computer nerd! We enjoy movies,dinners with friends,walks&playing at the park!

Hottmomma607
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

bump

mem82
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM

We make it a point to wait until my husband gets home from work before eating. Then, we all sit down together and talk. We usually try to ask offbeat questions. The answers the kids say sometimes really surprise us! lol

IncognitoOne
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

We usually all pitch in and "cook." The kids are included in everything. And we sit and eat together as well.

LindaClement
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'm a hardass, so when I decide something is important, it tends to stay that way.

Our mealtimes were not allowed to be hectic, and I saw to it that our family's schedule kept it relaxed and calm. Sometimes, that meant putting dinner in the oven on a timer, so it was ready when we got back from a busy day... sometimes it meant preparing dinner early so there wasn't a rush before something else was happening. 

But, no: no hectic mealtimes allowed, here.

Janet
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We try to all eat together and talk about our day. It can be hard. Even the boys are older it's still hard for them to sit still.

louannwilkins
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Evening meal times are when you can share what's happened during the day.  It's a nice time for family bonding.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)