Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

*UPDATED with Video* How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

Chaotic family schedules can often make dinner time a challenge, but it doesn't have to be!

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to try Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips with their families. See what they're saying!

Tell Us... How do you turn mealtime into quality time with your family?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

The CafeMom Team  

Check out the fun video montage of our members!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
GypsiSky
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM

We use our mealtime (usually dinner) together to reconnect after our busy days. We all talk and we all listen. It's a really great time for us. We even have our monthly family business meetings at the dinner table.

Kat0038
by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We have picnics at the park. But instead of picking up chicken from local fast food resturant we make tyson chicken at home with potato salad and cole slaw. 

madipayt
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
We have always sat down as a family for dinner. We have always made it a big part of our busy day bc no matter how busy or good/bad our day was, we come together for supper.
bhwrn1
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:40 AM

we all sit as a family, eat together, no one leaves until everyone is done. We talk about our day, what we did, how school/work was, etc.

lalasmama2007
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

We always eat dinner together at the table.

arpazia
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
We just chat it up!

Big fans of Tyson btw, so that's awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Breaking bread and sharing the events of the day is a good way to stay connected.

Leelee1008
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Meal time is nuts.

dh usually works nights so he isnt home with us. and between basebal in the spring and running around we have not much time.

allycally
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Those are good.I like the southern style ones too.its a super easy dinner for when I just don't feel like cooking
The answer to the question is we always eat together :)
ndahse
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I made large pots of things that could be meals and also made great side dishes.  Then we had the dish (chili, greens, or beans) as the main dish once, then froze portions that allowed for sides and seconds of the side if desired.

Having good meals in less time allowed us to spend more time together and not give up good food.  I taught my kids to cook by having them in the kitchen with me as I cooked.  First, I asked them to pass me things (teaching them the names of spices and other food items).  Then I let them taste the food as it was ready to taste and then I let them cook simple dishes while I was home.

A great thing was freezing 'something' for dinner and asking the kids what they wanted for dinner and having them 'take it out', put it in the oven at the desired temperature  Dinner was ready by the time I got hoe from work, I helped (and so did they), we talked at the table and after dinner, they took turns washing dishes, sweeping the floors ... and I felt up to checking homework before bedtime.

I recently discovered stuffed (with cornbread dressing) chicken breasts, or pork chops with a good vegetable side and a quick dessert.  A full meal in less than 90 minutes ... and happy kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)