Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Gardening

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you have a garden? What do you grow in it?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clmsmom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yes - typically I grow: tomatoes, green beans, snap peas, yellow crookneck squash, cucumbers, beets, red onions, yellow hots, and bell peppers.

I do have a special kind of onion that grows year round (I forget what they are called - my sister gave them to me - they grow like friggen weeds), asparagus, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, and saskatoons. 

adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

We usually have a garden. However, with the crazy cold weather, and with our schedules, I don't know if we'll have one this year. Might have to make do with a single potted tomato plant!

Usually we have lettuce, spinach, yellow squash, zuchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers. We plant radishes and onions around the perimeter to keep out the rabbits!

Janet
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

No, I don't garden.

rocky_mtn_mama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No garden here, but once I get moved to my new house I might do some container gardening.

bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:49 AM

yes it's huge, all veggies, too many to list! Oh and herbs, LOTS of herbs

poptart0325
by Kayla on May. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM
We haven't started yet. lol. I have bell peppers, strawberries, parsley, potatoes, basil and chives sprouting in my kitchen window. I hope to start on my raised garden sometime this week. Not sure what else I'm gonna plant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Only a windowsill herb garden

Hottmomma607
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Can I go shopping at your house? LOL

Quoting clmsmom:

Yes - typically I grow: tomatoes, green beans, snap peas, yellow crookneck squash, cucumbers, beets, red onions, yellow hots, and bell peppers.

I do have a special kind of onion that grows year round (I forget what they are called - my sister gave them to me - they grow like friggen weeds), asparagus, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, and saskatoons. 

clmsmom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting clmsmom:

LOL!! Sure! You just have to fight my son for it. He is my biggest garden "pest" if you will. I have yet to eat any of my asparagus this year...every time I go out I see little snapped off stalks. Guess I shouldn't complain..at least it's not candy.

~CHANDA~

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank-account was, the sort of  house I lived in, or the make of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child." -Author Unknown

Hottmomma607
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

LOL Right!

Quoting clmsmom:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting clmsmom:

LOL!! Sure! You just have to fight my son for it. He is my biggest garden "pest" if you will. I have yet to eat any of my asparagus this year...every time I go out I see little snapped off stalks. Guess I shouldn't complain..at least it's not candy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN