Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Share your healthy family friendly meals

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am looking for some healthy family friendly meals and was wondering what others do for their families.

Please share with me!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LindaClement
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Used to make homemade chicken fingers and fries --one of the great 30 minute dinners the kids always liked:

Chicken fingers:

Cut boned breasts into strips, dip in beaten egg then crumbs (used to make it from either crackers or stale bread, plus pepper and herbs and parmasan cheese), place on a greased sheet.

Cut washed potatoes into 6-8 wedges each (depending on the size of the potatoes, you want them to be about the thickness of a middle finger), toss in herbed oil (usually oregano and pepper, around here) and place on cooking sheets in a single layer.

Bake them both for 15-20 minutes at 425F, turning once, until browned and crispy.

While baking, make a tossed salad and homemade dressing. Our fave for a long time, that goes well with this is Basil Lime:

2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 c olive oil
2 tsp dried basil or 3-5 fresh leaves finely chopped
2 tsp grated parmasan cheese
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper

Whisk or shake all (in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid), pour over greens... (this is why I don't buy salad dressing --it's far too easy!) 

saraewhite
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fantastic!!! Thank you!!!

Quoting LindaClement:

Used to make homemade chicken fingers and fries --one of the great 30 minute dinners the kids always liked:

Chicken fingers:

Cut boned breasts into strips, dip in beaten egg then crumbs (used to make it from either crackers or stale bread, plus pepper and herbs and parmasan cheese), place on a greased sheet.

Cut washed potatoes into 6-8 wedges each (depending on the size of the potatoes, you want them to be about the thickness of a middle finger), toss in herbed oil (usually oregano and pepper, around here) and place on cooking sheets in a single layer.

Bake them both for 15-20 minutes at 425F, turning once, until browned and crispy.

While baking, make a tossed salad and homemade dressing. Our fave for a long time, that goes well with this is Basil Lime:

2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 c olive oil
2 tsp dried basil or 3-5 fresh leaves finely chopped
2 tsp grated parmasan cheese
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper

Whisk or shake all (in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid), pour over greens... (this is why I don't buy salad dressing --it's far too easy!) 

louannwilkins
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

This sounds good!!  Anyone else have any recipes?    :)

GypsiSky
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My husband makes amazing roast veggies...

Brussels sprouts, broccoli, sweet red and yellow peppers, sweet onions, fingerling potatoes. Toss in olive oil (cook each veggie separately and combine when done)sea salt and black pepper. Super yummy and is a meal in itself.

Hottmomma607
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Homemade cheddar broccoli soup!

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Baked chicken with rice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)