I saw this in The Stir - I use mine at least once a week, how often do you use yours?
by Adriana Velez
Here at The Stir we never tire of telling you about all the wonderful foods you can cook in your slow cooker. Weren't we just talking about slow cooker macaroni and cheese? Cheesy melty awesomeness. But today we're thinking outside the dinner box, because there's all sorts of crazy things you can make with your Crock-Pot I'd never even dreamed of before. Some of these aren't even food related! Are you ready? Here are 12 surprising things you can make in a slow cooker.
- Brownies: Oh yeah, ooey gooey triple chocolate fudge brownies by none other than Martha Stewart. I mean, we could just stop here and call it a day. But no! More Crock-Pot fun awaits.
- Candles: Why not? If it melts, you can make it in the slow cooker. Here are instructions for making slow cooker Christmas candles, which you could adapt for any other season.
- Cheesecake: Yum! Check out this recipe for Crock-Pot cheesecake.
- Crayons: Melt down those crayon stubs to create all-new crayons using your slow cooker.
- Dye yarn: Yes, you too can use your Crock-Pot to dye yarn. And here are instructions using Kool Aid.
- French fries: Here's a recipe for homemade "Red Robin" French fries.
- Granola: I never would have thunk it! You can make granola in your slow cooker.
- Mashed potatoes: This makes perfect sense, actually. Here's a recipe for Crock-Pot mashed potatoes.
- Play-Dough: Make your own Play-Dough using the slow cooker.
- Potpourri: Turn your slow cooker into a fragrant potpourri air freshener.
- Soap: As with candles, if you can melt it, you can make it in a slow cooker. Here are instructions formaking soap in a Crock-Pot.
- Yogurt: My friends tell me that hands down, the easiest way to make yogurt is in your slow cooker.
Do you have any creative crafts or recipes using a Crock-Pot?
on May. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM