Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Did you make your kid's babyfood at home?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yes.  They ate what we ate for the most part.  We did the same with my granddaughter.

clmsmom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yes for the most part. If we were traveling I would purchase pureed baby foods because it was easier to haul without having to worry about refrigeration but when we were at home or at grandma and grandpas his food was homemade.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I never fed my kids baby food. Only whatever I was eating. I did make more healthy versions of some stuff for them. When we went out I just fed them off of a healthier menu from places.
RatherBeReading
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My oldest only ate jarred food, MDD ate half and half...I had never heard of making your own babyfood, and then I gave it a try and it was so easy, so I only did that after. YDD probably only had 2 jars of it ever..she didn't even like it when I pureed it for the most part, she liked it in small chunks to chew up on her own. 

Momforhealth
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yes. I made homemade babyfood. I would steam it , put in blender with some of the water used to steam and blend until a good babyfood consistency, immediately pour into ice-cube trays, freeze, and then store in labeled freezer bags.  We saved so much money.  A sweet potato would make many meals and my kids were so healthy smart. 1 cube is one serving. Just make sure that you use organic because those pesitices and fertilzers are not safe for baby's immune system. 

ablackdolphin
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I made all of their food from the time they first started eating until they were just over 1 or so.  My house smelled so good!!  I baked most things and steamed a few others.  Loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)