Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CSA Challenge - week 12

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

Got alittle behind in using up last week's delivery. (I think I even have some from the previous week at the bottom of the produce drawer.) Hope to finish up most of it in todays meals (eggplant stacks for lunch and chicken sausage with peppers for dinner).

What's in this week's box:

Beets (with greens): I like to make the beets roasted, then eat as a cold side 'salad' plain or drizzled with evoo and balsalmic vinegar with goat cheese & greens. The greens are also good just sauteed with garlic & oil.

Edamame: this was a new addition, although I have made these before (store bought). I think I even have a bag in the freezer... But I can just boil them with a little salt & we can enjoy as a snack or starter.

Mustard Greens: I'll need to look something up for this - or any suggestions? They look like they would be good raw in a salad too.

Onions (Red)

Potatoes

Tomatoes (Roma) -  I'll combine these last 3 into a salad that my mom used to make. I think she mixed in some cider vinegar & oil, salt & pepper, maybe some herbs. I'll have to give her a call for the recipe.

Are you making any new or unusual vegetables this week?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
4kidz916
by Melissa on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I have some vitamin greens that I have no idea what to do with. 

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

What are vitamin greens?

I missed listing this past week's delivery, but I have collard and mustard greens to use up. I did add a bit (like a leaf) of the raw mustard greens to my turkey wrap yesterday & it added a nice kick. But I'm sure it will go bad before I could use it all up that way. I would like to find a healthy & tasty recipe for the collards too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)