Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Hungry for Change

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Wow! Oh my goodness! and WOW!!! That is all I can say after watching Hungry for Change! My husband even watched some of it with me and was completely shocked. Went to the kitchen right afterwards and threw out 3 garbage bags full of CRAP!!!!!!
I could not believe what I was feeding myself and my children!!!! Going to have to do some more research on recipes that will not include that CRAP in them.
If anyone has any good ones please share with me.

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MvAM97VDE8

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Good for you!  It's really disgusting, isn't it!?

saraewhite
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

It absolutly is. I ordered the ook andit has recipes in it! Can't wait to get it so I can share!!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Good for you!  It's really disgusting, isn't it!?

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

What was the crap that you threw away? What did you buy to replace it?

saraewhite
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh where do I start. everything processed!!! Hamburger helper, bagels, mac and cheese, ramen noodles, noodles, anythingwith highfructose corn syrup. Lunch meats, hot dogs, white bread, ect, ect.

Instead of buying regular pasta I buy 100% whole grain pasta's. I buy a TON of fruits and veggies. I buy 100% whole grain or wheat breads. Instead of white rice I buy whole grain brown rice. I buy all natural peanut butter. Instead of sugary cereals I buy whole grain cereals with very limited preservatives or plain 100% rolled oat oatmeal.

If you haven't watched Hungry for Change I would highly reccomend it as well as Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and Forks over Knives. These are wonderful documentries about how processes food harms your body and how whole foods actually help to reverse the damage as well as cure and prevent many illnesses and diseases!

Quoting DissieDothe:

What was the crap that you threw away? What did you buy to replace it?

clmsmom
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job!! There is a lot of crap in what is sold as "food". I pretty much don't feed my family anything processed in any way. If it comes in a box it doesn't belong in my house. If it is in a box the ingredients MUST be minimized to the point where I know everything that is in that box. I hate processed meats (lunchmeats, hotdogs, etc...). My son likes peanut butter so I go with the peanut butter that has only peanuts in it..nothing else. I go gluten/dye and dairy free on a lot of things because my son has an intolerance..I have substituted his pasta with spaghetti squash and he is ok with that. I also give him pure maple syrup over pancake syrup...I try to stay away from all corn syrups in general if I can help it...but really look at pancake syrup. That is so far away from anything healthy it's not even funny.

I think we are all healthier for the way we choose to eat. The main thing is to check ingredients and if you can't pronounce it and don't what it is then it shouldn't be put in your body.

~CHANDA~

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank-account was, the sort of  house I lived in, or the make of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child." -Author Unknown

muslimomof2
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM

check out a 100 days of real food ! She is amazing :)

muslimomof2
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN