Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Family valentines dinner ideas

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
So when i go grocery shopping this weekend i want to buy some stuff for a family valentines day dinner.
The no nos on food
Seafood as my husband hate it
Oninons unless i can substitute it with onion powder

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM

When the kids were younger I used to make them red, heart-shaped pancakes. They always looked forward to it.

What is there favorite dish that you make? Especially if you haven't made it in awhile they might like that.  Steaks are a good "romantic" food.

What about a heart-shaped meatloaf? I make mine in a crockpot and don't need a pan to shape it. You could do it in the oven if you don't crockpot, Just put it in a well greased pan with about a 2-3 inch side on it (like a cake pan) and shape it into a heart and bake it. If you put ketchup on your meatloaf like a lot of people do - I don't but that is just my personal prefernece - then it would even be red for you.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM

There are hundreds of ideas on Pinterest.  Do you have a Pinterest account?  If not, I can try to post some here.

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM

One of the Italian groceries by us sells heart shaped raviolis around V-day.  i've made them with fresh tomato sauce in the past. The pizzerias do heart shaped pizzas too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)