Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

7 Treats for a Patriotic Summer Party

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

7 Treats for a Patriotic Summer Party

There are so many fun, easy and delicious ways you can add a patriotic punch to your party that you’ll want to use them all summer long, not just on July 4th! No backyard bash planned? Serve them up at snack time and surprise your kids with a flagtastic treat.

1. Fruity Stars and Stripes: Cut strips of watermelon and place them in horizontal rows on a white plate, leaving a little space in between. Use shorter pieces for the top few “stripes” so there’s room for blueberries on the top left, where the blue-and-white stars would be on the flag.
  2. Classic Flag Cake: Bake a 13x9 sheet cake from a mix or your favorite recipe. Top with white frosting or whipped cream and arrange sliced strawberries and blueberries in a flag design.
  3. Patriotic Pretzels: Dip pretzel rods in melted chocolate (whatever flavor you prefer: white, milk or dark) and then roll in red, white or blue sprinkles. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheets until set. TIP: For a popcorn variation, spread popped popcorn on a lined rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with melted white chocolate and red and blue candy melts.
  4. USA Parfaits: Layer strawberries, blueberries and vanilla pudding or whipped cream in clear plastic cups.
  5. Marshmallow Pop “Sparklers”: Push a large marshmallow on the end of a skewer and dip in melted chocolate or candy melts. Roll in a mix of red, white and blue sprinkles or sanding sugar. Push the other end of the skewer into a piece of Styrofoam until the chocolate sets.
  6. Festive Fruit Salad: Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make shapes from watermelon and pineapple slices. Toss with strawberries and blueberries. TIP: Red and blue silicone cupcake liners make reusable kid-friendly serving dishes for parties!
  7. Shortcut Shortcakes: Use a round cookie cutter to make circles from slices of store-bought pound cake or angel food cake. Top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.

What’s your favorite summer party dessert?

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM

These are great ideas!  I've made the Classic Flag Cake, the Patriotic Pretzels, the USA Parfaits, and Festive Fruit Salad in the past.  

As for a favorite, ice cream is a hit with me!

Alieda
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Strawberry shortcake is my all time favorite . Allot your ideas sound wonderful , I think I want to make the USA parfaits  for sure. 

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I love these

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM

peaches (without listeria lol) baked with blueberries

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:00 AM

1, 4 and 6 are probably the only ones i would do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)