Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Hi all

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi all, I'm Carol 

I am a mother of 2 girls, 22 and 14. Youngest of course is still at home. At the moment I live with my sister and do all the cooking .I live in Rome, NY

My sister works all day as an Acct. and by the time she gets home, she's tooo tired mentally and just wants to chill at her computer, and watch her shows she likes..

I have never done the meal planning thing, and to think I'm 53 and now trying to do that.. Hard though, we don't shop together.. Just want to see how others do things and see where I can make things easier on myself..

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Hi Carol!  Welome to the group!

Feel free to ask any questions!

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:18 PM

What are you trying to accomplish?  Healthier meals?  I see 3 people having separate dining experiences ... are you wanting your family to enjoy a meal around the table at supper time? 

cdandria
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM

For me and my daughter personally yes healthier. Just at the moment isn't soo easy, just trying to get a general idea of how people look at things and what others classify healthy.. Picky people I deal with here.. to a degree..lol Not wiling to give up some things so have to figure a way to work with what I have in a healthier manner..

Quoting DissieDothe:

What are you trying to accomplish?  Healthier meals?  I see 3 people having separate dining experiences ... are you wanting your family to enjoy a meal around the table at supper time? 

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM

As long as your sister is willing to let you have control over the kitchen & meals you should be fine. Maybe start with getting a favorite meal or two from each person you'll be cooking for? Use what you have on hand or what's on sale to plan meals around? As for healthy, just google 'healthy meal plans' a ton of stuff comes up, you'll need to pick & chose from what your family will eat.

Good luck!

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Quoting cdandria:

For me and my daughter personally yes healthier. Just at the moment isn't soo easy, just trying to get a general idea of how people look at things and what others classify healthy.. Picky people I deal with here.. to a degree..lol Not wiling to give up some things so have to figure a way to work with what I have in a healthier manner..

Quoting DissieDothe:

Healthy food has as many calories as junk food.  The difference is healthy food keeps you full longer than junk food.  For example ... homemade cookies like oatmeal raisin and you are satisfied after 4 cookies ... store bought oatmeal raisin and you are still hungry for them after eating the entire bag.  Homemade potato chips and a bowl is plenty ... store bought another bag.  Hint:  Trail Mix is good for nibblers and buttery popcorn not so much.

cdandria
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ahh ok... It;s funny, you mention potato chips cause that's my favorite thing. Out of all the snacks that is some thing I always crave.. I'm soo tryig to stay away from them. I don't buy them like I use to cause I know that they aren't soo healthy..

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting cdandria:

Quoting DissieDothe:

Healthy food has as many calories as junk food.  The difference is healthy food keeps you full longer than junk food.  For example ... homemade cookies like oatmeal raisin and you are satisfied after 4 cookies ... store bought oatmeal raisin and you are still hungry for them after eating the entire bag.  Homemade potato chips and a bowl is plenty ... store bought another bag.  Hint:  Trail Mix is good for nibblers and buttery popcorn not so much.

cdandria
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM

My sister doesn't seem to enjoy cooking. Tried the asking what their favorite meals are and I get, what ever you feel like cooking. Been doing the googling thing.  I'm always looking to see what new thing I can make with the same meats each each cause I want something different . I don't always buy the meats when we go shopping. My sister picks up what ever she wants for meats and I work around them. 

Quoting scapermom:

As long as your sister is willing to let you have control over the kitchen & meals you should be fine. Maybe start with getting a favorite meal or two from each person you'll be cooking for? Use what you have on hand or what's on sale to plan meals around? As for healthy, just google 'healthy meal plans' a ton of stuff comes up, you'll need to pick & chose from what your family will eat.

Good luck!

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Hi Carol
proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Well so much for that.. She's no longer a cm member lol
letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:44 AM

hi carol  im joy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN