Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

what's your meal plan for the week?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

July 6 – 12, 2014

Sunday:

dinner – birthday cookout at the park

Monday:

dinner – grilled steak, grilled potato & pepper packets, cucumber salad

Tuesday:

dinner – taco salad

Wednesday:

dinner – parmesan chicken, salad

Thursday:

dinner – meatball stroganoff, green beans

Friday:

dinner – goulash, salad

Saturday:

dinner – pizza, salad

and my grocery total! (and DH did the shopping, there are a few extras in that total...)

coala
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Spaghetti---with minced carrots and baby spinach added for filler

Chicken Pot Pie with crumble topping

Skillet Chicken and Rice with Broccoli

Spinach Casserole

Biscuits and Gravy with fruit

Beef Stroganoff with a salad

Most of these recipes are new for us....from a new cookbook I bought a few weeks ago.  Others are tried and true that my kids beg for on a regular basis.

I haven't been to the store yet.....but I'm headed there in a bit.  My total will be a little higher when I am done as my SO ran to the store last night and picked up a few things.....from the more expensive of the stores I shop at.  The milk was over $5 a gallon, cheese and butter.  He bought the cheese and butter thinking he was doing something good.  He spent $3.50 on a box (4 sticks)...I get it for about $2.50 or less and he bought 4 boxes.  He spent $2.50 on 8 oz of cheese and I get that for $1.99.  He bought about 8 packages.  It is frustrating when he thinks he is helping but in all actuality he is spening money that is unnecessary.  I love him to pieces but he spent about $10 more than he needed to.  If he had just grabbed a half gallon of milk and let me get the rest today we would have saved all that money and been able to put it elsewhere.

adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We were gone all weekend and I haven't yet made the meal plan for the week. I will probably steal some ideas from this post! :)
We have a huge zucchini and an abundance of yellow squash...so I will be incorporating those into the meals somehow.
TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the Spinach Casserole?  We love spinach!

Quoting coala:

Spinach Casserole

Most of these recipes are new for us....from a new cookbook I bought a few weeks ago.  Others are tried and true that my kids beg for on a regular basis.

I haven't been to the store yet.....but I'm headed there in a bit.  My total will be a little higher when I am done as my SO ran to the store last night and picked up a few things.....from the more expensive of the stores I shop at.  The milk was over $5 a gallon, cheese and butter.  He bought the cheese and butter thinking he was doing something good.  He spent $3.50 on a box (4 sticks)...I get it for about $2.50 or less and he bought 4 boxes.  He spent $2.50 on 8 oz of cheese and I get that for $1.99.  He bought about 8 packages.  It is frustrating when he thinks he is helping but in all actuality he is spening money that is unnecessary.  I love him to pieces but he spent about $10 more than he needed to.  If he had just grabbed a half gallon of milk and let me get the rest today we would have saved all that money and been able to put it elsewhere.

coala
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure.....nothing is super exact.

1 lb ground sausage

1lb ground beef

1 med-lg onion

8 oz canned mushrooms

20 oz frozen spinach--defrosted and drained

Sautee all of those ingredients together and add the spinach towards the end.  You can add salt, pepper, garlic and whatever else to taste.  Drain off excess liquid and juices if you would like....I usually pull some off.

8oz sour cream..add in after spinach is well mixed into the other stuff.  I usually add a little arrow root here to help thicken as it can be runny.  You can use cornstarch if you want.

Dump into a 13x9 baking dish and top with 16 oz of shredded mozzarell cheese.

Bake at 375 for about 30 mins...unti hot a bubbly and cheese is starting to slightly brown on the edges.

My kids go nuts over this and request it more often than our budget allows for it.  It can get a little pricey to make, but it is really delicious.

I have an old neighbor who took this recipe and turned it into a lasagna too.  She just layered it between noodles in a pan.

I hope your family loves this as much as we do.  Just an FYI......the recipe isn't as good with fresh spinach and I'm not quite sure why.

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Quoting coala:

Spinach Casserole

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Quoting coala:

1 lb ground sausage

1lb ground beef

1 med-lg onion

8 oz canned mushrooms

Sautee all of those ingredients together and add the spinach towards the end.  You can add salt, pepper, garlic and whatever else to taste.  Drain off excess liquid and juices if you would like....I usually pull some off.

8oz sour cream..add in after spinach is well mixed into the other stuff.  I usually add a little arrow root here to help thicken as it can be runny.  You can use cornstarch if you want.

Bake at 375 for about 30 mins...unti hot a bubbly and cheese is starting to slightly brown on the edges.

My kids go nuts over this and request it more often than our budget allows for it.  It can get a little pricey to make, but it is really delicious.

I have an old neighbor who took this recipe and turned it into a lasagna too.  She just layered it between noodles in a pan.

I hope your family loves this as much as we do.  Just an FYI......the recipe isn't as good with fresh spinach and I'm not quite sure why.

sounds delicious!!!!

coala
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting coala:

1 lb ground sausage

1lb ground beef

1 med-lg onion

8 oz canned mushrooms

sounds delicious!!!!

You'll be hooked!!!

TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Thank you! Sounds very tasty!

Quoting coala:

1 lb ground sausage

1lb ground beef

1 med-lg onion

8 oz canned mushrooms

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Quoting coala:

Spinach Casserole

coala
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM

You are very welcome!!

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Thank you! Sounds very tasty!

Quoting coala:

1 lb ground sausage

1lb ground beef

1 med-lg onion

8 oz canned mushrooms

Quoting TwinSoccerMom:

Quoting coala:

Spinach Casserole

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)