July 7, 2014
7 ways meal-planning can improve your life
By: Leanne Ely
Letâs be honest. Not knowing whatâs for dinner is one of the most stressful things that can happen in your day. Especially at 4 PM when someone inevitably calls wanting to know whatâs for dinner!
Being the Dinner Diva that I am, Iâm a sucker for some great tips and I have a few here that honestly, will improve your life (and the lives of those around you, too!)
1. Stay healthy. When you plan your meals ahead of time, youâre more likely to stay the course and keep it healthy. When you plan ahead, youâre also more likely to ensure that your meal is healthy and something less guilt producing than drive thru.
2. Spend less time at the grocery store. When you know ahead of time what youâre going to eat, you will be able to make a good, efficient grocery list. That helps you to get in and out of the store quicker.
3. Spend less money. Speaking of getting in and out of the grocery store, when you plan your meals, you put an end to that silly crazy practice of having to run to the store to pick up an ingredient that you need to pull together a certain dish. (And how often do you leave the grocery store without an item or two that you didnât actually need?!)
4. Throw out less food. And buying less items that you donât use means less food waste. Nobody wants to throw out a rotten zucchini that ended up forgotten at the bottom of the crisper drawer! Yuck!
5. Get meals on the table faster. Planning your meals allows you to prep ahead of time. Meal planning also reduces the amount of time you spend standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make for supperâyikes!
6. Planned leftovers. When you have your meals planned out for the week, you can easily plan leftovers for lunch the next day. This is a great way to save time and money!
7. Less stress. If youâre hearing âwhatâs for dinnerâ over and over and you donât always seem to have an answer, youâre probably feeling a little stressed when dinner time rolls around. Meal planning puts an end to that!