Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The movie The Fourth Kind...... (piog)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 441 Total Views

We saw it Saturday night.... I don't even want to say what I thought about it because honestly I just can't make up my mind. Part of me could barely sleep that night because it freaked me out so bad, and the other part of me thinks it was a hoax type thing. Has anyone seen it yet? I've tried my butt off to research it, and didn't really come up with much good info...... Hmmmm... Any opinions? :-)

~Julie Baker~
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Member on Nov. 27, 2009 at 10:22 PM

ave not seen or heard of it

"Success is not a big step to the future but a small step to be successful". 

by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I've been wanting to see this so bad! I've heard it was really good.

by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i liked it! not sure how true it is but if it is true it makes it even creepier.

by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I've been meaning to watch this. I just haven't picked it up yet. I guess I should move it to the top of my list.

by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:33 AM
It's not based on anything real at all. It's a hoax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM
seen it and totally hated it and I'm a big movie person. Defy hoax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM

First of all -- HELLO!  New to the group and haven't made a proper introduction yet (but will do so later today) -- just wanted to let you know I am a horror movie fanatic and have been for the majority of my life (no joke) ever since I went to the Drive In theater with my parents and younger brother back in 1979 to see "Alien."  I was 6 and suppose to be asleep by the time the movie started...I wasn't.  I fell in love with horror then and there.  ANYWAY...onto "The Fourth Kind."  I LOVED this film and even more so since it is based on factual events.  Now I know, certain people have tried to make disclaimers for the film, stating that it contains lies and everything is a hoax.  I don't like to be tricked into viewing a film that states it is based on a true story so I will watch a certain movie based on a true story and then do my research (yes, I have no life -- plus twisted things fascinate me) so not to ruin the film.  I did my research into Nome, Alaska (where "The Fourth Kind" take place) and my discoveries have shown that this movie is eerily truthful.  There have been an enormous amount of mysterious disappearances in Nome, Alaska.  The psychiatrist's daughter did indeed disappear suddenly in the middle of the night -- the psychiatrist was blamed for causing her disappearance but absolutely NO evidence was found as to what caused her to disappear.  Also, I went to Wikipedia (I know...not always the best source of information but it is a good source for finding out the "truth" behind films) -- while Wikipedia claims the film is false, every single one of their links to back up their claims no longer exist.  I have no idea why but they lead to websites that are no longer up and have been deleted (I don't  know why Wikipedia doesn't fix this by the way).  I, personally, believe in aliens (yes, call me weird) and alien abductions (I believe in a lot of weird things!) -- everything that is portrayed in this film is pointing to the truth.  Maybe people aren't being abducted by aliens in Nome, Alaska...maybe there is something far more sinister going on but we shall never know until a full investigation is launched which the authorities of Nome, Alaska are NOT allowing.  I would love to travel to Nome, to do some research myself but 1)  I don't have the money and 2) I'd end up being abducted -- I know my luck!  LOL!  As the director and star of the film point out at the beginning and end -- it is your decision whether to believe or not.  I personally believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)