Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Haunting in Connecticut

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Has any see this yet and if so what did you think?

Hubby and I just watched it last night.  Now I have seen the documentary Discovery Channel and have read the actual case files of the investigation conducted by the Warrens (two world famous paranormal investigators/demonologists) and actually had low expectations for this movie given what I already knew about this case.  The base line of the true story was actually present, with of course some Hollywood changes.  But all and all the baseline of the actual story was there. 

Of course the movie was greatly exaurated as is the case on most "based on true events" movies are.  True, the oldest son did have cancer.  True, they did rent the house to be closer to his treatments.  True, the house used to be a funeral home.  True, this was a horrible event for the family, the Warrens even documented what they felt was demonic activity and several of the family members did end up being attacked by said spirit.

However the rest was all Hollywood.  But still I must say I enjoyed the movie.  It took a moment for me to remind myself that this is a movie, and only going to tell part of the actual story.  For the most part I really liked it.  I thought it was well done, it had a few really good jump moments and they kept a pretty solid flow.  I would say that this one is a must see.  If you can get past the fact that it is a Hollywood movie, and not the actual story of the case.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mnmsmom2008
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM

We didn't like it.  I like more gore and excitement though, this movie was pretty tame and boring for my liking.

Babydoll1015
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I still haven't seen this one yet.

SHELL28
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM

i need to see this one!!  

theosgirl45
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I didn't really like it that well either.  It had some scary parts that kind of make you jump and stuff but other than that it wasn't very good.

lucky2bemom
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Funny -  I saw it this past weekend.  So did the son really beat cancer?

SpiritMoon
by Member on Sep. 2, 2009 at 8:26 AM

From what I heard the son's cancer did go into remission, but he declined any interviews in all the research I have done. 

bamamaof4
by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM

DH and I saw it.. i loved it.. it was a great movie... 

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Quoting bamamaof4:

DH and I saw it.. i loved it.. it was a great movie... 

Same here!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, soul mate and best friend & Proud mommy of a beautiful princess and handsome little toddler prince!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)