Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK ladies my dd wants a power wheels type toy for christmas

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

Where can I find one preferably under 150 but will spend up to 200 for it. She is 5 and 40lbs but 46" tall. We haven't been able to afford one before but found out recently that we will have the money since my dh's boss is giving us our partner check early. Well anyway I am not really picky on what it is but she is a girly girl so pink or purple would be ideal but not a requirement. I was able to find one for my ss no problem but they don't seem to have one for my dd. Do they really not think a girl will want one too?! Anyway if you have any ideas we would apreciate it.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LadyJag
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM

We got my daughter an orange ATV-type one for her 4th birthday, and she LOVES it! We take it camping with us and let her deliver Christmas cookies in it last year to our neighbors. Even though it's not a girlt-girl pink one, it's a huge hit with my daughter AND her friends! (And since it's not gender-specific, it will be easier to resell when she outgrows it.)

My recommendation would be to check out the children's consignment stores, like Once Upon A Child or Children's Orchard. Some store will even let you fill out a  "wish list" request so that they can call you when they get a particular item in.

Also, check your local craigslist. If you don't find one posted for sale, post a Want ad for it. Flea markets and garage sales are other good places to check. There's Black Friday sales to watch. www.bfads.net gets the flyers ahead of time and scans them in so you can see which stores will be carrying them.

Word of caution - make sure you get the "full" sized vehicle, not the toddler ones that are for 2-4 year olds! If you see an ad for a $35-$40 new power wheel vehicle, chances are it's the smaller toddler one.

Good luck!

lfrrll5
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Thanks. I know Walmart released their black Friday ad today so I will have to look through it. That's a great idea to get a gender specific one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelPie2007
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I'm not sure if there is one where you live, but Toys R Us has them, also online, they have them. Have been looking for one for my 4 y/o daughter. I found Dora and the Disney princesses. :) Good luck!

paulaba
by Group Owner on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Did you have any luck finding one??

lfrrll5
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we found her a Disney one that is gonna be on sale Friday so we are waiting till then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)