Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello lapbooking moms :)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 148 Total Views

Hello all!! I just found out about lapbooks today and am I stoked! This is the perfect thing for me because I love making creative things like this.  I just went to dollar tree to buy all my supplies and I'm working on my first one.  My name is JenMarie and we live in VA.  I just started hsing 10 year old ds about 2 weeks ago and this is the best decision I ever made! I look forward to chatting and getting some great lapbooking ideas :)

Photobucket

by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jeremmy
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

welcomeLapbooks are awesome. I love this forum too!

boy kissing momMy blog: http://variablecircumstances.blogspot.com I have been married 6 years. I have a 4yo boy. We are TTC our 2nd.

Erin814
by Member on Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Welcome neighbor!  I'm in WV. =)

Erin's Homeschooling Blog: http://baldwinhomeschool.blogspot.com

Kentuckygal511
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Welcome JenMarie! I am hs'ing a ten year old as well and she loves this format for retaining information. Especially for history and science, though we did make one for her multiplication tables 2 years ago. Jump right in and join us! Where in VA are you? We're in SE PA and I have family all over VA and WV, as well as KY (obviously, lol!)

Emma

Flowergirl2000
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Hello to you all! Wow WV... that is right next door :) We live in a very rural area of Suffolk that is in southern Virginia. Emma, I was thinking ds was too old for this but it is perfect for our 10 yr olds! We just finished our first Lapbook...it was the Lego one! Now we're working on the social studies and science ones. It's like scrapbooking for learning :) 

fallgirl

Kentuckygal511
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:41 AM

JenMarie,

I thought the same thing. We sort of started lapbooking last year with a constitution lapbook that was not such a great success, but I did notice her retention of the very boring information was better. She has some absence seizures so her memory is not so great, esp. if she has one while we're working together which is often. These more visual aids are great for her. She just recalls it in the form of the book we put the info in. I love them! I have no idea where Suffolk is! Our family is in Winchester and surrounding areas of WV. And yes, it is like scrapbooking for learning, which is interetsing because I do NOT scrapbook. I'm terrible at it! My husband does our kids photo albums!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN