Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Cafemom, TTC after mirena

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

Hi my name is Cici, I have been married for four years and we have a beautiful three year old son. I am interested in knowing how long does it usually take to conceive after getting your mirena removed. I keep reading horror stories!! I just got mine remove on monday november 15th, and have already started my cycle on the 18th. Can anyone shed any positive light, because I have read nothing but negative things. HELP?

by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsJStearns
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I had mine removed on Nov 2nd and I still have not had a period! I may already be pregnant because I ovulated between Oct 30th-Nov 3rd. It all depends on your cycle. If you are on your period now, do a ovulation calender online and it will give you the windows of when you are most fertile so you will know when the best times to try are. GOOD LUCK hun!!welcome

JessicaRee
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM

What does it feel like to have the mirena removed? My doctor conveniently for got that your cervix doesn't dilate when you have a c-section(I guess), so it hurt A LOT when I got it put in.

juju79
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Quoting JessicaRee:

What does it feel like to have the mirena removed? My doctor conveniently for got that your cervix doesn't dilate when you have a c-section(I guess), so it hurt A LOT when I got it put in.

It took 2 secs to get it taken out and I didnt feel a thing!!

colbysmama89
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I had mine removed Oct. 19th after a lil over 2 years. I had a normal cycle from Nov. 2-5th. Was going to test the beginning of Dec. if AF didnt show, but I have been spotting(TMI-no red, just brownish). So I am figureing AF will show soon, but if she hasnt by this weekend I may go ahead and test to see. I am not charting or anything just letting things happen on their own.

As far as how long....it will depend. Everyone woman is different and so are their bodies.

Good luck!

MrsJStearns
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Quoting JessicaRee:

It took all of two seconds once she located the strings...I took one deep breath and it was out. I felt no pain...just a tad (very minimal) crampy. I didn't feel it when they inserted it because I took pain meds before going in. I have had mine out since Nov. 2nd. Still no period and we took a HPT and got a BFN...still trying to conceive #2!!

Cicij
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Quoting JessicaRee:

Cicij
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM

It didnt hurt at all!! It took two seconds!! Just a alittle pressure!! :)

Cicij
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Thx Ladies

juju79
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I had mine taken out Nov 2, AF came Nov 4 for 6 or 7 days...had sex couple times  and was suppose to O on Nov 14th, suppose to have another AF Dec 1....still no O or AF and BFN! GOOD LUCK!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN