Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxious to TTC

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

I had the Mirena inserted in July of 2007 when my son was just 6 weeks old.  I had it removed a few weeks ago on November 10.  My sister in law has had 3 miscarriages which she fully blames on the Mirena.  I asked my dr if it increased the chances of miscarriage and she told me no, but I have read lots of terrible stories about miscarriages, chemical pregnancies or not being able to get pregnant for a long time after removal.  My dr said to take a prenatal vitamin for 6 weeks and to use condoms in the meantime.  She said she would also like for me to have a period before I get pregnant.  I have spotted here and there (mostly brown) so I am wondering how long did it take after Mirena for you to get a period? I have never been so anxious to get mine!  Did you have a period before you tried to get pregnant?  My son will be 4 in May and I really really would love to have a baby by October or early November.  Thanks for the input ladies! 

confused

by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kenedygrace06
by Group Owner on Dec. 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I had mine out on Aug. 22 and had AF on Aug. 26th and then nothing until Oct. 19th (55 days).  My next cycle was normal 34 days.  Well this was my 3rd cycle and I am pregnant!!!!

Good Luck.  Give your body at least 1 period to recover.  You need to have AF so your uterus won't be so thin because the Mirena causes that.  AF will allow it to thicken back up to carry baby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)