Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Praying for pink?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

After weeks of research, I have came across some very interesting scientific information that may increase your chances of conceieving a baby girl, naturally! (Of course, keep in mind this is not 100%, but it's worth a try!) It is called the 7 Sway Factors: Diet, Supplements, Hormones, Minerals, Ions -all of which can be altered by your body's pH- and timing...

The "Girl" Diet:

• Dairy (such as milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.)
  • Meat (white meat only, such as fish, chicken & turkery)
  • Beans (such as green beans, black-eyed peas & kidney beans)
  • Nuts (peanuts, walnuts, ect.)
  • Bread (cereal, rice & pasta)
  • Acidic fruits (i.e. cranberries)
  • Green leafy vegetables

DO NOT EAT foods high in sodium (salt) or potassium (bananas or potatoes!)

Supplements:

• Calcium
  • Magnesium
  • Cranberry

-Also get plenty of vitamin D (sunlight) & exercise.

*If you do these things together, it will balance your hormones & ions, and lower your pH, with cervical mucus of a 4 being most favorable for female sperm. It has been noted that if doing all 7 Sway Factors correctly, you have a 90% chance of conceiving a girl!

Timing of Intercourse: Contrary to popular belief, Dr. Shettles was wrong about his therory that X-Sperm (girls) are bigger & stronger than Y-Sperm (boys) which are supposedly smaller & weaker. They are actually indistinguishable if compared under a microscope. They also swim at the same speed, BUT the only noteable difference is that the females swim in a zig-zag or circular pattern, while the males swim straight...the gender selection method O+12 has had more sucess than the Shettles Method. O+12 means Ovulation plus 12 hours, which has actually been more accurate in conceieving girls. A lot of women using this method also use a vinegar or lime douche to keep pH levels low, to give the girls a better chance! If anyone has used this method, did it work for you?

Here is an entire list of each of these studies that prove these methods work:

www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/71062.aspx

~Brandi Scruggs; Mommy of Two Little Boys & DONA Birth Doula...

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
connorsmama06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I am leaving it up to God. I want a girl so bad but God knows what is best for me and my family.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Oh, I absolutely agree! This method is proven to be 80-90% effective, but it is ultimately up to God! I am swaying & praying! :)

~Brandi Scruggs; Mommy of Two Little Boys & DONA Birth Doula...

buchmanbabe
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I am not going to be doing any swaying but really wish you luck and look forward to knowing if it works for you. I really want a girl this next time because I have dress envy! But if we don't have a biological girl out of the 4 kids we are planning to have then we are just planning to adopt one since that is the only sure fire way to get what you want. lol

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:25 PM

...or you could look into PGD or MicroSort, but it's expensive & you may not think it's morally right. GOOD LUCK! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)