Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

temptation is slapping me in the face and winning :(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

man i hate this temptation i have been having. my dad brought home donuts from his class and basically i ate donuts all day yesterday.  i can't wait to move and maybe have some one to help me be accountable. maybe i should start counting calories again. i don't know though. uggh. I will be definitely joining weight watchers in March hoping that way i will start getting better at my accountablity for myself. crying

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kimmybaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

well i have an online account with weight watchers.... i havent even stuck with it a whole week... how pathetic is that that i would waste money like that on it.... i should give you my login info and you could use it.... my account is pait till march 15... thats a little over a month you could use it FREE!! its going to waste ughhh..... i think it doesnt help me cuz im only held accountable to myself.... and myself is not enough!!

lovemygirl1108
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM
That would be nice to check it out. But are u sure you want to do that and not use it anymore?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mekay
by on Feb. 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I am doing weight watchers online. I just have to make sure I keep track daily. I'll do great an then get busy and quit couting. That's what I'm working on now is staying on track and hoping this group can help me with that.

ldmrmom
by on Feb. 16, 2011 at 12:23 PM

The key with WW is the accountability. I hate going to meetings, but I go because it's someone else looking at the scale and keeping me honest. ;) The other part that helps is tracking - when I don't track it's easier to cheat. When I don't track and I don't go to meetings - it gets easier to live in denial about my cheating. I'd not do well with the online only method.

Motivation? How about this  - food doesn't have control over you. YOU have control over it. 

Don't deprive yourself.  Depravation just leads to overindulgence. At least in my world it does. I'm a big fan of WW primarly because I don't think it's a diet. Diets are short term and they are about going without.  Weight Watchers, and programs like it, are about learning how to make better choices, form better habits and manage what we eat. It's a life-time change. So it's not that you can't have *a* donut. They aren't forbidden. WHen it's forbidden we tend to start with one and stop when they are going. ;) Or we load up on such guilt and "I've failed" that we just keep sabotoging ourselves. 

That means, you have the donut if you really want it but you have it knowing how it fits into the rest of your eating and excercising plans for the day. In WW terms that means you're tracking points and you know you just spent x on that donut so you still have Y left to divide on everything else. It's doable. I had cheesecake, a normal holiday dinner two nights in a row, a 2nd desert and cookies/candy in the two days of Christams Eve and Christmas Day...and I lost 4 pounds that week. It's because I was able to plan ahead, make choices and make those treats fit into my daily plan. I am not always good at it - but I refuse to quit trying.

the other thing is to weigh your choices. I recently had to buy some new clothes because my old ones were simply too big. I am down almost 20 pounds since starting back to WW in early December - although I'm down less on our tracking here becuase I joined later and started with my then current weight.  When I see temptation I say to myself, "Is that cupcake worth it right now. Do I really need it? Do I really even want it? Is it going to fit into my daily food plan? Is it worth not fitting into my cute new clothes? Do I want to gamble?" Usually my answer is "it's not worth it" and I walk away. When the answer is "I still want it" then I account for the points and I watch my serving size.  I've been known to say to DH, who is not watching what he whats at the moment, I'm going to take a bite of that cupcake and then you're going to finish it. Got it?" ;)

xJasonsMommyx
by on Feb. 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM

When I'm tempted by junk food like doughnuts or (my biggie) chocolate I just imagine what it would be like if I had a sign over my head that displayed everything I'd eaten that day. I ask myself, would I be embarassed to eat this in front of someone I want to impress? Would I recommend this food to someone I love? Do I have to rationalize eating it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)