Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
  • 1536 Replies
2 moms liked this

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommythree0508
by Member on Oct. 12, 2010 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this

We met in 8th grade. I was friends with his girlfriend. Well,she made me mad in a way that you can only get when you are in 8th grade,so I broke them up. We have been married for 2 1/2 years.

Mom2Jack04
by on Oct. 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM
7 moms liked this

LOL My husband and I met on plentyoffish.com a free online dating site.  We talked online and then via phone for about a month before meeting at a local coffee shop.  We've been together a little over two years and have a 10 month old daughter. 

He is truely the most amazing man ever, i'm truely blessed

jazi1105
by Jazi :) on Oct. 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I met my husband when I was 16, and I had just moved here...I went shopping for a mini-skirt and he worked at PacSun, which is where I was shopping, and he attended me. He was the first guy that I had met here in Puerto Rico who knew english(I didn't know ANY spanish lol) and I swear I fell in love with him instantly. We exchanged #'s and 3 days later went on our first date, and 3 days after that made it "official" lol

And here we are almost 6 years later, married with a daughter on the way : )

casah4
by Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM
4 moms liked this

We met at Walmart. LOL   We both worked there at the time. I was 18 and he was 17. We married a year later.

Rita250
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM
12 moms liked this

I met my husband when I was 13 going on 14.  My best friend was dating my my future husband's best friend.  We were very young and my mother was sure it was a "crush". We have been married 41 years now.   I still feel young (maybe it is immaturity) LOL.

annaica
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Through his roomate- which was someone I was friends with.  I went to her house one weekend and there was a party celebrating his birthday.  I thought we hit it off, but he was quite intimidated, lol.  It wasn't for a couple weeks until he lightened up and began to try to get to know me.  That was 5 years ago, this month!

MrsHubler
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We met at college when I punched him!  Ever since then we have talked either through chat, phone, emails, letters, or face to face.   We have been friends for 8 years, engaged for 4 months, and married now for 6 years!

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I met him when I was 19. I had just met a guy who was interested in me and he and I were hanging out. My husband, Michael, was one of his friends. Once I seen Michael for the first time, I knew he was the man for me.

LuvinMom73
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 9:02 PM
5 moms liked this

We met thru my best friend, her boyfriend at the time and my hubby where childhood friends.  We went to his appt. so she could see him and hubby came to the door to let us in and she and her boyfriend went into the next room and I was eye balling the bowl of butterscotch candy on the table mind you not paying any attention to the guy sitting at the table next to me,lol.  Then after awhile me and my friend left and went back to her appt. then her boyfriend came over and said to me" someone is in love with you"  I said who and he said Brian.......How the hell is Brian I said back to him.....the guy sitting at the table next to you,lol  Mind you, I wasn't paying any attention to him only had eyes for the BUTTERSCOTCH CANDY that was sitting on the stand,lol  So long story short we started talking and as they say the rest is history.  He is my best friend and I wouldn't trade him in............WELL, MAYBE FOR SOME CANDY,LOL

layzeione656
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

well we meet in high school he was in 12 grd and i was in 10 grd their was a girl name jessica i was her best girl friend and he was the best boy friend but didn't know each other till he saw me and said them who's that girl and jessica said oh that's alma and so on i  was the only girl that rejeted  him over and over he would talk to me and i would say go away and we and it up together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN